Monday, February 10, 2014

My Updated Skincare Routine!

 
 
Happy Makeup Monday beauty lovers! It's the start of a fresh, new week and I decided it was high time I update my skincare routine. As the seasons change, so does my skin. Throughout 2013 I tested out tons of different skincare products, all in search of finding just the right ones.
 
 

For cleanser I use the Olay Fresh Effects Bead Me Up! Exfoliating Cleanser This lightweight cleanser is effective and smells really nice! My face always feels clean afterwards and it has done a fairly decent job at keeping my skin clear. I like this cleanser a lot, but I'm still in search of something even better. For now, this does a nice job at balancing out all of my skin needs.

For moisturizer I use the Burts Beeds Intense Hydration Day Lotion. I reviewed this moisturizer here. This is hands down the best moisturizer for winter! It's worked wonders on my skin and I absolutely love it! I typically just use it once a day because it is that moisturizing!

My "extras" for skincare currently are:

I use a Loreal eye cream every night. I don't think this one is sold anymore, but I love it! It's very moisturizing and gentle, and never irritates my eyes.

Smith's Rosebud Lip Salve  is my favorite lipbalm of the moment. I use this 24/7 to keep my lips baby soft.

When I'm battling pesky acne breakouts I like to use my Proactive Advanced Blemish Treatment or sometimes just a dab of hydrogen peroxide. Both do a great job at zapping the blemish right up!

Be gentle when popping blemishes though! Sometimes when I'm in a rush, I do just pop it right there, but that can be damaging to your skin. The other day I had a very unattractive red blemish on my chin, so I ran a washcloth under hot water and then held it to my chin. This softened the skin and helped to open up my pores. I then gently popped the blemish. After that I iced it to reduce redness, and then dabbed it with a little peroxide. The blemish was gone that very day!

Lately I've been focusing even more on my skin and really taking care of it. Once a week I like to use some sort of mask to help refresh my skin. You can find some great and inexpensive mud masks at Target or DIY your own!

Lastly, if there's ever a day I go to put makeup on and find I have a dry patch that I missed then I gently exfoliate the area with coconut oil and apply a little extra moisturizer. Let it sit for a few minutes and you should be good to go!

What are your skincare must haves?

xoxo, em
 

1 comment:

  1. I always switch up my skincare products because I've realized my skin gets used to the specifc product I use and it no longer does its job. :)

    ReplyDelete