Saturday, February 22, 2014

I Choose Love

 



Hello beautiful friends!

As I sit down to write this I imagine that we're chatting in a coffee shop over teacups filled with chai lattes.
So much is on my heart and my mind and I've been dying to share it with you all. Now where to begin?

We all know our own flaws. The things about ourselves that we'd like to work on. You see, my faith has always been a big part of my life, and as I entered my high school years it only grew. Despite all of this, I was lacking something. Love. I was lacking a true, passionate love for Jesus. A passionate love for life. For others. I've always been the person that sees the glass half-full. More and more in the past few months I've realized just how much I wanted to change, but I had no idea how. I loved the Lord, but I couldn't seem to shake the grip that negativity had on my life.

Last week I started rereading one of my favorite series, the Bailey Flanigan books by Karen Kingsbury. This series was a favorite of mine when I was a freshman in high school and as a young girl I quickly fell in love with Bailey's character. As I turned the pages of each book I was struck with a thought, "Bailey is the kind of woman I want to be!" Karen's daughter, Kelsey is the inspiration for Bailey and is married to Kyle, a former member of Anthem Lights. I started following Kelsey and Kyle on twitter and instagram and was struck by their amazing love story. Kelsey//Bailey is the essence of a godly woman. Graceful, feminine, a natural beauty, polite, kind, loving, soft spoken, gentle, and most importantly has a huge heart for the Lord. When you look at her, she is glowing. Her blue eyes sparkle, and a soft smile always graces her face. All you can see is her great love. Her love for others, her love for her husband, and her love for the Lord. She has been such a positive influence on my life, and was the final nudge I needed. Kelsey has shown me what a heart committed to the Lord truly looks like.

I can't describe exactly what's happened to me, but something has changed in me. The Lord is working in my heart in BIG ways. For the first time in my life I am actively chasing Jesus, pursuing him every day. I have a new found thirst for God's word, and I can't seem to get enough of it. In every second of my spare time I can be found in my room, pouring over devotionals, the Bible, listening to worship music, journaling, and looking to the Bailey Flanigan books.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

I love this verse so much. When I read it, it spoke to my heart. All through junior high and high school I've had one verse emblazoned in my mind-
"The lord has a purpose for me." -Psalm 138:8

I've never doubted for a second that the Lord has anything less than a glorious plan for me, and Jeremiah 29:11 confirmed that again.

It's funny how faith impacts your life. It's seemed to have a domino effect on mine! This past week has been one of the best of my life. It's not because of what I did or who I saw, but because of my attitude and my love for the Lord. I've started catching myself when I complain, I've been working on my relationships and friendships, the way I respond to anger, and doing more acts of kindness, just because I wanted to.

"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken, but endures forever." -Psalm 125:1

We won't be shaken. I choose faith.



Each day is a new journey for me and I'm so excited to see where the Lord will take me. I wish everyone could feel this amazing joy I have, all thanks to Jesus. All I want to do is spread some of this sunshine! I feel like my inner fire has been lit, and now it will never go out. My days are now bursting with and a love for life and the Lord.

Each and every day, no matter where I go, no matter what happens-

I choose love.

xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I love Karen Kingsbury and I also feel a connection to Bailey! I totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a very powerful post.
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete