Saturday, February 15, 2014

DIY Face Mask for Dry, Acne Prone Skin!

 Making the mask, Colton Dixon's Pandora station, before & afters with the mask

Hello lovelies! How is your weekend going? Did you have a nice Valentines Day? Today I'm sharing a DIY recipe for my new favorite face mask! This mask works great for most skin types, but it is especially great for those with acne prone skin. If you have oily skin then you can leave the coconut oil out of the recipe. Cinnamon and honey have great anti-bacterial properties while coconut oil is moisturizing. All three ingredients are so amazing for your skin!

How to make the mask:
It's super simple! All you do is take about a tablespoon of honey, a hefty shake of cinnamon, and about 1/2 a tablespoon of coconut oil. You can adjust the amounts however you'd like. Put it in the microwave for about fifteen seconds. Remove and give it a stir. Mine got really hot so I had to allow it to cool. Then carefully apply all over your face, avoiding your eyes and hair. You can apply it using a paint brush, or I just used my fingers. Apply and then wait for ten minutes before removing with warm water and a washcloth. Follow up with moisturizer.

The result:
I simply adore this mask! My face was SO soft and visibly clearer after use. I plan to use this once a week now.

Let me know if you try out the mask and what you think of it!

xoxo, em

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I want to try this! Listening to Colton Dixon while doing it isn't half bad either. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to try it!

    http://www.curiousramblingsbychloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I want to try this right now! My face is a mess right now with the dry weather and I think this would help;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried a similar face mask without the coconut oil. I found it nice but I am not comfortable with the raw honey that I used since I felt uncomfortable sensation. When I used the ordinary honey, the mask is okay. Maybe I will use coconut oil next time.

    ReplyDelete