Friday, January 3, 2014

Urban Decay Naked Palette Review!

 
Hello lovelies! Today I'm here to talk to you about Urban Decay's Naked Palette. For some of you this palette may be old news, but I just received this for Christmas and decided to do a review on it. I went back and forth, trying to decide if this palette was what I wanted. I read through tons and tons of reviews, and although there are hundreds of reviews out there about this product, I just couldn't find one that answered all of my questions. So that's what you're getting today! An in-depth, but to the point beauty review.
 
 

First off- the packaging is to die for. I'm definitely a packaging girl when it comes to makeup. To me the packaging says a lot about the product. The Naked Palette comes wrapped in purple velvet with a clear plastic cover. The palette itself has a brown velvet lid with Naked written in gold letters. The lid is magnetic and very secure so there's no worries about it popping open mid-travel. When you open it up you'll see that the inside has the same words (Naked) in gold letters as well as a mirror. This is no crappy makeup mirror. It's surprisingly nice quality, making this palette even more convenient.


The Naked palette comes with a travel size of the Urban Decay Primer potion and an eyeshadow brush. The brush is incredible quality and feels very sturdy. I thought those were both really nice touches.

Now let's get into the colors!

The first two, Virgin and Sin are both great highlight colors. They're both shimmery, but are slightly different shades. Virgin is more of a white, while Sin is more of a pink-champagne.

Naked is the perfect nude color, great for blending colors, or for days when you want to go more natural.

Sidecar is a really unique, fun color. It's very pigmented and quite glittery as you can see from the picture.

Buck is another really nice, neutral color. I love lining my lower lash line with this shade. It's more of a red-brown, or copper shade.



Half Baked is an incredibly well known Urban Decay shade. I'd heard mixed reviews on this color, with some people loving it, and others hating it. Personally, I like it a lot. Just know this- half baked is a true gold shade. On people with more olive or tan complexions it will be more subtle and is quite flattering. With people like me that have pale skin it is more obvious, but is still pretty.

Smog is a very odd color. It's a sort of gold/brown/green. I've tired it on both me and my sister and think it's a very unflattering shade. I don't expect to be using this shade. With twelve colors though, there's bound to be one you don't like, so I wasn't bothered by this.

Darkhorse is another unique, but slightly different color. I'm not really sure how to describe it. It's more of a satin finish. Shimmery, but not glittery.

Toasted is such a pretty color! I like it because there are no other colors similar to it in the palette, so it really stands on its own. Toasted is a gorgeous burnt pink, champagne shade.

Hustle. Oh, I love this color! This is a stunning sort of dark mauve brown/gray purple. I've been using this shade so much. You can use it to line the eyes or for a great smoky eye.

Creep is not your typical black. On first glance I thought, "Oh, it's just your average shimmery black." Wrong! This is a highly pigmented, glittery black with blue/green undertones.

Gunmetal isn't an everyday color, but could be fun for special occasions. This is a glittery, bright blue shade.



Overall I love this palette so much! You can create every eye makeup look you'll ever need, all from this palette. I find it to be incredibly convenient, and portable.
 
The hard part that everyone can't seem to get past though, is the price tag. At a hefty $52 dollars, this is one makeup splurge! Let me explain the price to you though. You're not paying for the brand name in this case. You're paying for the product. Yes, $52 is a lot of money for eyeshadow, but you are getting TWELVE eyeshadow shades. They are all very high quality with excellent pigmentation and they last. I can tell this palette is going to last me a long time. I don't think I'm going to be hitting pan anytime soon. Also, for $52 you are getting a good size sample of the primer potion, a very nice eyeshadow brush, a mirror, and excellent packaging.
 
So at the end of the day the question is- Love it, or leave it?
 
LOVE IT!! Without a doubt this is one of the best products I've ever owned and I can't wait to experiment with it more.
 
Comment below if you have any additional questions about the palette and if you would like to see more makeup reviews!
 
xoxo, em 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the makeup review! I personally do not know hardly anything about makeup, and I mainly use old Avon stuff that my mom has, so hearing about other products is very useful! I would defientally love more reviews. I love your blog so much! =)
    Thanks,

    ~Jessica
    (homeschooledauthor.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet feedback Jessica! You can expect more makeup reviews coming soon!
      xoxo, em

      Delete