Friday, January 31, 2014

Taylor Swift Grammy Makeup Tutorial

 
 
Who else was in awe of Taylor's makeup at the Grammy's last week? As always Taylor looked stunning, from her dress, to her hair, to her lipstick. What really captured my attention was her piercing blue eyes. They looked even more vibrant than usual because of her fabulous eye makeup! Her makeup was just too perfect to pass up the opportunity to do a tutorial!
 
My inspiration:
 
 
Taylor's makeup for the 2014 Grammies was elegant and clean. Makeup overview: On her flawless complexion  you can detect the slightest hint of pink blush. In many of the photos her cheekbones glowed, so you could tell she used some highlighter. Her eyebrows were lightly filled in, but were very clean and arched. Her eyes were the focus of the look. Silvery white highlighter on the inner corners and a purple smoky eye that continued on the lower lash line. A little bit of black eyeliner on top that winged out slightly, and a good coat of black mascara. A perfect pink lip finished the look off.
 
Products I Used:
 
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Ivory
Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder in Translucent
Covergirl Fresh Complexion Under-Eye Concealer in Classic Ivory
Covergirl Smoothers Concealer in Light
Elf Blush in Twinkled Pink
VS Pro Radian FX Face Illuminator
NYX Love in Paris Eyeshadow Palette in Parisian Chic
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Original Naked Palette
Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara
Maybelline Lipstick in #20 Pink & Proper
 
 
 
Starting off apply your favorite medium coverage foundation. (I used my fingers to apply it)
 
 
Next sweep on your favorite face powder. Mine is a mattifying translucent one, so there's no color payoff.
 
 
Follow up with concealer as necessary. I used an undereye concealer that was a shade lighter than my skin to help brighten the under eye area. I also put some beneath my brows and on my cupids bow.
 
 
I also used a creamy stick concealer to cover any blemishes.
 
 
Next apply a very sheer amount of a pretty pink blush. This one is a pink/coral blush with gold undertones.
 


To achieve that natural glow you can use any sort of face illuminator or highlighter. If you don't have one you can even use a shimmery white eyeshadow. Apply with your fingers on top of your cheekbones, on the bridge of your nose, and on your cupids bow.


Fill in your brows. Taylor's brows were slim and arched, but they were also clean and defined. I filled mine in with a taupe shadow that matches my brows.


Prime your eyelids with your favorite primer potion. This helps the eyeshadow to last and not crease.



I used my naked palette to do the eyes, that way everything was all in one place.


I selected the first shade, Virgin, which is a shimmery white shadow. I applied this all over my lid, in the inner corner of my eye, and below my brow.

Then I selected the third from the last color, Hustle, which is a deep purple. I applied this in my crease and the back third of my lid.

 
Then I took an eyeliner brush and swept the shade Hustle on my lower lash line to achieve more of that "smoky" look.

Lastly I reapplied Virgin in the inner corner of my eye. You want your eye to be smoky, but clean, and the highlight needs to be showing. Look at Taylor's picture for reference.

You can use whatever black eyeliner you want to line the upper lash line. I used a little bit of a matte black eyeshadow and slightly winged it out.


Next apply a coat or two of your favorite mascara. Mine is the Colossal Cat Eyes by Maybelline. It's more of a lengthening mascara, but does add a little volume as well.


Finish up with your favorite pink lipstick. I didn't have one exactly like Taylor's, so I used this one by Maybelline.




 And that's the finished look! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! I had so much fun making it!
 
Comment below letting me know what you would like to see next!
 
xoxo, em

*All photo credit goes to my adorable brother, Sam. Thanks bubs!

4 comments:

  1. oh, I adored Taylor's look as well. Her makeup is always flawless.
    I can't wait to try it on myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, girl! I'll have to try this look out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang I love how natural you made that look! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice look :) Would you like to follow each other on Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin? Please let me know :)
    Dolce Kisses ♥

    www.dolcepetite.com
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete