Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Rosebud Lip Salve Review


Hello beauties! Today I'm bringing you another makeup review! This is on the Smith's Rosebud Lip Salve.

This cult favorite retails for around $6. You can pick this up just about anywhere. It pops up in the weirdest places! I've seen this in Sephora, Urban Outfitters, and Francesca's. I got mine in Anthropologie of all places!


The packaging is adorable! It comes in a sleek, little metal container. The lid is the kind that you screw off and then push back on. This lipbalm is very convenient for taking with you. The only complaint I have is that the lid can sometimes be hard to get off. Your hands have to be completely dry. I often go to put it on after I've put on lotion and am sitting there, getting so frustrated because it won't open!


Overall, this is hands down, one of the best products I've ever used! This multipurpose lipbalm can be used not just to soothe dry lips, but also on any other dry patches you have! You can use it for cuticles, dry elbows, and basically any and all dry patches. I've been using it on my hands as well as my lips and it works amazingly well for both! When applied this goes on super sheer on your lips. It looks a little shiny, like a gloss, and gives a sheer rosy color. Perfect for days when you want to go more natural.

Okay, here's a little secret: I haven't just been using this for my lips. It also makes an amazing highlighter! Once I finish up my makeup everyday I put a little on my lips and then rub a super small amount on the tops of my cheekbones. It illuminates your face in this amazing way and gives you such a beautiful, natural glow.

So, am I loving it, or leaving it? LOVING IT!! This will forever and always be one of my makeup essentials now. It's one of my nighttime and everyday must-haves and I'll never go without it again.

What beauty buy would you like me to review next?

xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. Hi Em! Your blog is absolutely lovely, and I very much enjoy your posts, so I nominated you for the Sunshine Award!!! Yay!

    http://paigescorner99.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete