Sunday, December 8, 2013

Lately, My Life

Lately, my life has been school and work and family and all the craziness that the holidays bring. I've hardly taken any pictures with my camera, but I have been doing a lot of Instagram, because it's so convenient. I have a million and one blog posts I want to write, but I just haven't had the time for it. And that's okay. I love blogging, but sometimes it's better to take a break and just enjoy life, and not feel inclined to blog just because.
 
With all that said, here's a little peek into my life, via Instagram.
 
 
I love my cheesy little brother! He never fails to crack me up.
 
Bethany Mota's clothing line through Aeropostale launched today! We don't have an Aero store in our town, but I'm hoping to make it to one in the next week or two. I'm loving these fair isle leggings, this festive cranberry skater skirt, this cozy looking, fuzzy heart sweater, this adorable cropped sweater , and this owl necklace.
I'm so proud of Beth and all the hard work she's put into this line! I first discovered her on Youtube about a year and a half ago, and have been faithfully following her ever since. Her videos are amazing and she's always there to cheer me up on my bad days. I love her contagious smile and unceasing energy! Congrats Beth! :)
 
 

Me and my baby. :) This is Thor, one of my four "kids". He's my warrior kitty and literally feels like a teddy bear! My cats never fail to brighten my days. I use to worry that people would think I was a crazy cat lady, or a little weird because I love my cats so much. Honestly, I'm all those things, and I really don't care.


K+K's Bravo show, Toned Up, launches in less than four weeks!! So excited!! I can't wait to get this sneak peek into my trainer's lives! They work so incredibly hard and do so much for the TIU community. They're some of my biggest role models and I can't wait to see where this show takes them!


Starbucks. Love of my life. Even though it was below freezing, I still got my beloved caramel Frappuccino. I thought nothing could top that... until I tried the Peppermint Mocha Latte. Heaven above.
 

The other day I went with my family to get our Christmas tree, and in the middle of Home Depot my Mom pointed out that the tags were still on my new boots! Honestly, I just cracked up, because it looked so hilarious. As I've gotten older I've learned that you just can't get embarrassed or freak out over minor stuff. The most important lesson you can learn in life is to be able to laugh at yourself. I promise if you do, your life will be so much happier!


I haven't had my hair cut since July, so the other day I went in for a good trim. I'm growing my hair out, so I just had a little snip on the ends, and then added a few short, face framing layers. I love being in salon's- the smell of all of the Bumble and Bumble products, all of the chatter, the mists of hairspray, etc.


It was only seven degrees, but we braved the freezing cold to watch out towns Old Fashioned Christmas Parade for the 13th year in a row! It's one of my favorite traditions!
 
 

I attempted making a "green smoothie" the other day. Let's just say, it didn't turn out like I'd hoped. I added some green superfood powder, and then threw in every fruit I could find in an effort to make it taste really good. It seems nothing could mask the earthy taste though. It looked like mud... and pretty much tasted like it too.

How was your week?

xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sounds like a great time!! You are so pretty, and I love your haircut!
    My week has been packed but fun. :) I was [almost] finishing up school, working on the play every night, and trying to spend time with my family in between.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! You always look great!

    ReplyDelete