Thursday, October 24, 2013

OOTD: Cream + Floral


Today I felt the need to be creative and to come up with something different to wear. Rummaging through my closet I came up with one of my favorite dresses. I love the pattern and the feel of it, but the top half isn't very flattering. So I used it as a skirt and added one of my worn-to-death cream sweaters, my favorite black tights by Vera Wang at Target, and a pair of shiny, thrifted flats. A long necklace and my two most worn rings completed the look.


Sweater//Forever 21
Dress//Forever 21
Flats//Thrifted
Rings//American Eagle
Tights//Target
Necklace//Forever 21
 
 

 
My true fashionista self is always overdressed. I love dressy, classy outfits with a touch of boho. One of my new favorite sayings is "there is no dress code for life". Yes, I may be overdressed at times, but I don't care. I like going that extra mile, being a little glam sometimes, and always striving to look classy and polished.


To recreate this look you could use this skirt and this sweater. Pair it with either riding or ankle booties and a warm pair of tights and you're good to go!


Credit to my cutie pie, little, brother for taking all of the pictures.


Have a lovely day!

xoxo, em

11 comments:

  1. Love it! That's a great idea!
    Your little brother takes pictures for you? Lucky! And what a cutie!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina! Haha, well I have to pay him to do it! :) He does take great pictures though!
      xoxo, em

      Delete
  2. love the outfit and your brother is adorable! :)

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!!! please do more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the feedback Rosa! I really loved doing this post, so you will definitely be seeing more soon! I'm thinking ootd's will become a weekly thing here.
      xoxo, em

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit! Such a great way to transition a dress from summer to fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kryn! I know, right?!
      xoxo, em

      Delete
  5. oh, cuteeee. I really love these, you should do more! (also i'm stealing your sweater.)

    ReplyDelete