Friday, August 16, 2013

Fall Shopping Guide- Fashion+Beauty



Only a little over a month until fall!! (September 21st) Words can't even tell you how excited I am. I've been eagerly awaiting and planning for fall for months now. I've especially been excited for fall wardrobe shopping! I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I love fall & winter clothes so much more than summer ones. Skinny jeans, a cozy sweater, and a pair of riding boots is my kind of outfit!
I've been spending lots of time online lately, researching and keeping tabs on all of my favorite clothing brands so that when the time came I would be organized and know what I wanted and needed for my wardrobe this year.

I was pleasantly surprised with Aeropostale's back-to-school line this year. I've never shopped there because their clothes just aren't my style, but I really liked several things from their fall collection. Particuarly this pair of shortie cowboy boots. They come in black and dark brown and have a cute little heel to help us short girls out. :)
I was so excited to find this  pair of black pants//leggings. I've been searching for the perfect pair of black leggings to pair with oversized sweaters and such. The zippers give it a slightly more dressy and fun touch, which I love.
I always love a good button down for the fall and winter. This one is a tad sheer, but the pattern is super adorable and gives it a little bit of a western touch.

I've yet to shop at an H&M, but we're getting one close to us soon, so I checked out their website and found some really gorgeous things. Like these incredible pants. I desperately want them in burgundy, and black would be fun too.
I've been looking for a great, black blazer to add to my closet, and this one  just might work. The fact that it's jersey could be a turn off, so I'll have to try it on first.
It's nice to add a few fun and not so basic pieces to your closet, like this fun corduroy blazer with imitation leather accents.
In addition to pullover sweaters (my essential) I'm loving button-less cardigans, like this one in a the perfect shade of blue.

I'm in love with this classy polka dot button down from Urban Outfitters. You could wear this by itself or under blazers or cardigans.

This Tone It Up hoodie is bright and different, making it the perfect investment for my fall//winter workout wardrobe and beyond. When I want to go for a run in the colder months I like black leggings and a hoodie or sweatshirt.

There's no doubt that American Eagle is the place for skinny jeans. They have an overwhelmingly amazing selection! The skinny trouser is something a little different, but looks nicer than jeans and can be worn with almost anything! I love it in burgundy, black, and navy.
I just bought a pair of their skinny jeans a month or two ago and am hoping to get the same pair in the classic rinse. The thing that especially appeals to me about AE pants//jeans is that they come in short, regular, and tall. A lot of jeans don't offer a petite option. My AE skinnies are the first pair that I didn't have to cuff because they fit perfectly and don't have any bunches of fabric.

Forever 21. Oh gosh. I could look for hours on that site. Seriously though, what girl doesn't love Forever 21? They're inexpensive and have a really wide variety of styles. Currently I'm loving:
this mickey mouse pullover. Because somedays it really is about comfort.
This  quilted crossbody purse in black. Because it's basic and dressy and just plain perfect for winter!
I want this stud ring really, really badly. I like studs, but in softer versions. And also, can a girl really ever have too many rings?
This bow ring to add a little sparkle to your outfit.

Brandy Melville is the perfect ring place! I can't believe I haven't looked theirsooner! Their rings are inexpensive, but look to be of nicer quality than Forever 21. I love..
this gold flash ring (they also have it in silver)
this vintage turquoise stone ring
this silver LA hearts ring
and this brass infinity ring
I also love the boho feel of this double fringe purse. (It also comes in black)

For fall and winter makeup there are so many options. A few things that I need to get include a great liquid foundation, matte powder, deeper blush, an amazing concealer, and some fun lip colors.

At the drugstore I'm eyeing...
The Revlon Colorstay foundation
Revlon Lipbutters in Red Velvet and Crème Brulee
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D'oro or Dulce Pink

As far as higher end makeup..
MAC lipstick in Creme Cup
Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer
Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink or Rose
Bobbi Brown Creamy Lip Color
Korres Lip Butter in Quince or Jasmine


I'm so happy because yesterday Em Cosmetics was finally launched after much anticipation. Em was over two years in the making and was dreamed up and created by Youtube phenomenon and beauty guru, Michelle Phan. I've spent some time looking over the site and am so blown away by how much hard work was put into it. Can't wait to place my first order!
Em Cosmetics creamy color classic lipstick  in cuddle up pink, nude lace, or wow pink
Em Cosmetic cushiony lip balm  in vanilla or bubblegum
Em Cosmetics artistic eye palette  in sahara nudes, Casablanca neutrals, or Madagascar taupes

What's your favorite fall//winter foundation? (Because I'd really love to know!)

with love, emalee

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete