Monday, August 12, 2013

Adventuring

My family and I got back from our summer vacation to Colorado a few days ago. The views were breathtaking, the weather was beautiful, and I was incredibly grateful to escape Kansas's humidity for a few days!
 
 
Roadtripin'! My essentials- travel journal, latest Seventeen magazine, and my Colorado playlist. 1.7 hours of Selena Gomez, Tayler Swift, Justin Bieber, Demi Lovato, and more. Repeat about 6x. Sick of every song on my ipod by end of car ride.
 
 



Zach Sobiech's Clouds! This is my chill song. Love it, love it, love it!
 



The most amazing, insanely, delicious kale chips in the world. Only at The Kitchen Next Door at Pearl Street Mall. I've always loved kale chips, but these were out-of-this-world-delicious! Our waitress said so many people have asked for the recipe, but they never quite turn out the same.
 
At Pearl Street Mall I went into a Free People store for the first time. I'm constantly on their website, scrolling through their amazing clothes, but I'd never had a chance to go into one of their stores. I was completely in heaven the whole time I was in there. That was the first time I've gone into a store and could have literally bought everything. Their clothes are simply gorgeous and fit my style really well. If they just weren't so darn expensive!

My second favorite store at Pearl Street Mall was Steve Madden. That's another place that I'm constantly looking at online, but can never afford. I'd never been into a Steve Madden store either, so that was definitely a happy day for me! :) The Steve Madden store just looked and felt expensive and smelled of rich leather. I found at least five pairs of boots I convinced myself I couldn't live without.


 


The view while we were driving from Estes Park to Grand Lake. Twisty roads that carry you way, way up into the mountains and then back down. 
All through our trip (and a few days before that) I was chugging water like nobodies business, because I was terribly afraid of getting altitude sickness. Thankfully all of us did fine in the mountains other than being incredibly tired and having a little shortness of breath.



The view from my bedroom at the condo:

We went for a beautiful hike in Rocky Mountain National Park one afternoon. The path was winding and a little bit muddy, but that was okay. Wildflowers, clover, and wild strawberries were scattered through the foliage. Slender, elegant trees stretched up until it seemed like they would touch the sun. (It made all of Kansas's trees look puny!)




 
Sissy taking selfies in the woods
 
 


 
Grand Lake was such a lovely little town. It was a relaxing place where time passed incredibly slowly. Moutains were everywhere and the air always felt crisp and clean. The downtown area is quaint and sweet- filled with wooden boardwalks instead of sidewalks and lots of coffee houses and ice-cream parlors.


What is your favorite vacation spot?
 
xoxo, em 

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos! I so want to add this to my list of places to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! You really should! Colorado is a beautiful, relaxing place filled with some really cool activities!
      xoxo, em

      Delete