Saturday, July 27, 2013

Night Routine: Summer Edition

Hello lovelies!
Today's post is all about my summer night routine. I hope you enjoy it & find it a little helpful! :) Let's get started!

If you know me then you know that I'm a pretty organized person and that I thrive on structure and schedules. My night routine is no different and I love that it's pretty much the same every night.


First off I try to always remember to properly remove my eye makeup. I love using coconut oil because not only is it natural and have some great benefits (like making your lashes grow), but it's so much cheaper than constantly running to Target and buying packs of eye makeup wipes. My sister and I keep our coconut oil in this cute little container on our bathroom counter for easy use.


I just get a little bit in the palm of my hand and warm it up with my finger. It instantly melts and then I rub it gently all over my eye and lashes in circular motions.


Slightly scary...



I know hot showers are harder on your hair and skin, but I'm addicted to them, so I turn the faucet all the way up, because I'm just a rebel like that. ;)

I've been using the same shampoo and conditioner for over two years now! I started using it because my hair//scalp is super duper sensitive and it was the only ones that didn't make me break out! I always receive a lot of comments over how silky and soft my hair is and I give all of the credit to my shampoo and conditioner. Dove Daily Moisture is incredibly nourishing and I love it!


For facewash in the evenings I've been using this tea tree blackhead exfoliating wash from the body shop. I picked it up at Ulta last month, and have really been enjoying it. I've been trying to get away from Proactive a little bit, because I know how hard it is on your skin. This exfoliating wash smells deliciously like green tea and leaves your face feeling really smooth and clean.


A few nights a week I like to use this yummy shea sugar body scrub by the tree hut. (another ulta steal!) We have them in coconut lime and Brazilian nut and they're both insanely yummy smelling!


After I get out of the shower I like to follow up with my favorite lotion, which is by far my mango body shop lotion. I swear, no other lotion compares! This one smells amazing and makes your legs literally glow. It's insane.
 
 
 
 
Two or three nights a week, I like to use a face mask. This sample I got from LUSH is in the sacred truth and is literally the best face product ever! The best way to describe it is as a little pot of magical goodness. This makes my skin moisturized, glowy, and soft, and helps diminish blemishes just a little.
 


I've tried lots of different moisturizers over the years and my favorite are by far the Olay ones. This 7 total effects one is perfect!


Another product that I've been using literally forever is this Biolage daily leave in tonic. I spray this through my wet hair before I brush through it and it helps to moisturize and detangle.


Once my hair had dried ever so slightly, but was still damp I scrunched this Bumble + Bumble holding foam through my hair. I don't use this product all the time, but when I really want to play up my waves, it does the trick. (Plus it smells amazing!)


After that I just twisted my hair up into a messy bun and slept in it.
 
After I shower I typically watch tv, get a small snack (most of the time it's an apple), and often times I end up on the couch with my laptop. I like to spend that time catching up on all of my favorite youtube beauty gurus, reading blogs, or watching shows on Netflix. (My favorite is Everybody Loves Raymond)
 
I've been getting up at about 6:45 for the past week or so, which means I've been getting in bed about 10:30. Normally I'm a night owl, but I've been tired lately so I've been trying to go to bed a little earlier.
 
Every night before I go to sleep I use my BBW my favorite nightbalm and BBW's lavender chamomile lotion. They're my essentials!
 
 
 
I'd love to know what you thought of this post and if you have any requests! I'm thinking of doing some more makeup tutorials, a fitness routine, and some outfit of the day posts.

with love,
em
 

2 comments:

  1. that's super interesting about the coconut oil. i use it on my hair often, but never my skin. i'll have to try it out! you have such a cute blog! consider me your newest follower :)

    msemilybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete