Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Everyday Skincare Routine

Hello lovelies,
Happy Wednesday! It's July! Summer is in full swing annnnnd the Independence Day is tomorrow! I am so excited to go a little crazy with the red, white, & blue and shoot off fireworks!

I've always received a lot of comments over what a good complexion I have (something I've never quite understood), so I decided today I'd share my skincare routine with y'all. I try to always take good care of my skin, but skincare is one department I've never spent much time or money on. I'm just now starting to pay more attention to it and look into products. My routine is simple, but effective and it works well for me.

*I have sensitive, combination skin. In the winter months my skin gets annoyingly dry, but in the summer months I do get oily in my t-zone.


 





From left to right:

The Body Shop Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash  I picked this up at Ulta a few weeks ago and have been loving it! It smells like green tea and leaves your skin feeling super clean! This scrub has literally transformed my skin. While it hasn't gotten rid of all of my blackheads, my skin has been super clear and just looks amazing.

Proactive Cleanser & Repairing Treatment I've been using the Proactive line for a year or two and I don't think that anything else comes close. Proactive changed my skin completely! It helps keep my skin super clear and I rarely have breakouts now. I don't use the toner that comes with this 3-piece set because it's just too drying to my skin.

Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer After struggling with dry skin for a while and going through countless moisturizers I finally settled on this one. I really love all of the Olay moisturizers, but this one has been particularly moisturizing and seems to work well year round. (although I do prefer a more heavy duty moisturizer in the winter)

BBW My Favorite Night Balm Lip Treatment- LOVE this stuff! I've talked about this product way too much on my blog, but it is an absolute essential for me.

Coconut Oil- Forget spending money on makeup removers & wipes! Coconut oil is the bomb! Seriously this stuff is so darn amazing! I use coconut oil to remove my eye makeup at night and it has some amazing benefits!
* It is very moisturizing, which is particularly great for the skin around your eyes and your lashes.
*It will make your lashes grow thick and long. I noticed a difference after just five days, and it has continued to transform my lashes.
*I swear it gives your skin this certain "glow"


My everyday routine:
AM- I use the Proactive Cleanser to wash my face and then finish up with a small dab of the repairing treatment allover, followed by a pump of my Total Effects moisturizer.

PM- I remove my eye makeup by massaging a little bit of coconut oil into my eyelids. (A little goes a long way!) I then wash my face with my Tea Tree Wash and follow up with another small dab of the repairing treatment, and a pump of moisturizer. Right before I go to red I use my favorite night balm.

Hope you enjoyed this little post! :) What are your favorite skincare products?

Xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. i hear you. i also get really dry skin in the winter.

    i haven't heard about the coconut-oil. it sounds great, i need to try it! thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Rachel! I'm glad you enjoyed this!
      xoxo, em

      Delete