Sunday, July 21, 2013

An Update on Life

Hello lovelies,
This past week was my busiest week of the summer and let me tell you, it was cray cray! It was insane and fun and went by much too fast. Today was the first time I felt like I could breath in a while, and it felt nice. I'm catching up on projects and cleaning and tonight was a girls night with my Mom and sissy! :)

My bff's were back this past week which was wonderful! We went on walks//runs, stayed up late, took lots of photos, watched The Proposal, and had lots and lots of quality girl talk. It was all pretty much the norm for us and it was great to have my girlfriends back for a few days. Although I've never really mentioned it on my blog I went through many points in junior high and high school where I felt like I had no friends. I've had three best friends move away over the years and so watching Brie & Tiana move away last fall was pretty hard for me. There's this quote on Pinterest that says: True friendship isn't about being inseparable, it's being separated & nothing changes. We've made a long-distance friendship work for us and it has only brought us closer. I can't tell you how great it is to meet those special people in your life that bring out the very best in you and sometimes seem to know you better than you know yourself.






 



My aunt, uncle, and five cousins came back from Cali the same week as my friends so we had double fun! I had missed my cousins lots and enjoyed all of the family time together.


I probably missed my cousin, Grant the most. We are two months apart and he was my childhood best friend. We did everything together growing up! Like me he's shy and I've always thought he's incredibly sweet and funny.

My last post, Selena Gomez Inspired Makeup Tutorial sent my stats way, way up, which was a great feeling. I've been blogging for close to two years now and it can be discouraging to not always see the results you would like. That's been changing though, and I'll let you in on my secret. (which isn't much of a secret at all) I stopped blogging for other people, and started blogging for me. Although the readers are what make your blog, and I love hearing your feedback and requests I realized that what everyone had been saying all along was true. You have to blog from the heart. Write about what you want to, whatever's on your mind. I guess what made me so happy about my last post is because that was literally the most fun I've ever had putting together a post! To see everyone else love something that you enjoyed doing so much is fantastic.

School starts back in less than a month which scares me. I'm going to be starting my junior year, which is supposed to be the hardest. Pre-calculus, physics, and my first college class are on the horizon and it's hard not to feel overwhelmed at times. I've been placing a lot of pressure on myself to figure out what I want to do for college//career wise and it was bringing on a lot of unnecessary worries and anxiety. After talking with my Mom I realized I do have two years to figure it all out and there's really no pressure. While I still wish that school wasn't going to start so soon, I think I'm ready to tackle my junior year and get it out of the way. Only two years of high school left! I'm so happy! :)

I don't typically do posts where I just talk about life, but sometimes it's nice to just let y'all know what I'm up to. What have you been up to? 

with love,
emalee


3 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! Some of my closest friends moved away recently and with life I didn't see my bestie in a while so I can understand the friend thing...I'm glad you got to see them this week/past week!!!! :) I still need to go see that tutorial...it seems like I have no time on my hands lately. :/ I'm doing pretty well. I've started school this week...just Chemistry though. And I'm taking 2 online classes and prep for a couple others. It's a crazy life haha. I hope everything sorts out for your school year and goes well!!! :D <33 your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sierra! You're so sweet girl! I did chemistry last year... it's loads of fun! :)
      xoxo, em

      Delete
  2. These photos are SO sweet - friendship is such a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete