Tuesday, May 14, 2013

TIU Bikini Series~ Week 3



Well ladies, we're entering the third week of the bikini series! How's everyone doing? I'm going to be completely upfront with y'all. I didn't do so hot over the weekend. I didn't pig out or do anything terrible, but I didn't make the best choices either. Also, I realized that I'm going to be facing a big obstacle in the next few weeks. Towards the end of the bikini series I'm going to be gone for a week, serving on the senior staff at my church's vbs camp for middle schoolers. While I'm super, super excited for this amazing opportunity, it does mean I will be eating cafeteria-style food for a week and miss my workouts. As K + K have proved to us again and again though, you just have to make the best of every situation! I will do my best to always find the healthy options and I will be on my feet most of the day so between that and the activities we'll be doing I will still burn some calories! I'll be doing a full blog post on it when I come back!
I had a really rough night last night which is a rarity for me. For the first time in my sixteen years I have horrible allergies! I was up between 1:30-3:00 last night with a sore throat and stuffy nose. Then just as I'm drifting back to sleep my little brother comes into my room because he had a nightmare. Needless to say I missed my 6:30 workout and allowed myself to sleep in just a little bit. That doesn't mean I skipped my workout entirely though! After school I completed the Sunkissed Abs, Love Your Legs, and the Sandcastle workout. (all the workouts mentioned can be found on youtube) I'm planning to do the grab a partner and go workout with my sissy this evening and then complete the day with a 30 minute jog.
A little tip for newbies to the bikini series (or just fitness in general): PLAN!! I can't stress the importance of that enough! Both TIU and Blogilates create monthly calendars that I print off and keep on my desk. TIU's calendar this month has been amazing for me because it has a little checklist for each day so you can check off: cardio, TIU meals, toning, and your check in. The calendar has proved to be such a big help for me because it helps me to show what I struggle to complete the most and how I did each day. On top of this TIU puts up a weekly calendar on their blog that gives you workouts/challenges for each day. Every Sunday afternoon I sit down with my handy dandy planner and fill in my workouts for each day. That way I know I'm hitting every area of my body and not just focusing on one. Plus I never have to say, "What workout should I do today?"


This past week I found another TIU recipe that I adore. :)


{Source}

TIU Banana Split:
1 banana
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
topping options: cinnamon, coconut, carob chips, strawberries, blueberries

I topped mine with cinnamon and coconut. I couldn't believe that I was eating this for breakfast and that it was healthy, because it literally tasted like a delicious dessert! Not only was it yummy, but it was surprisingly very filling. I will definitely be having this a few mornings a week now!

If you have any questions/requests or are also a TIU beach babe comment below or feel free to shoot me an email at accordingtoemalee@gmail.com !

Hope you all are having a lovely week!

Xoxo, em

2 comments:

  1. Although I personally don't feel comfortable in a bikini or even a regular one piece (why is my ugly butt showing??? :P) I have been wanting to tone my tummy or even flatten it a bit. Inspiring post and ideas etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying these series of posts Sierra! :) I really enjoy doing them, and hope to make them a more regular part of my blog! Haha, I totally hear you girl, I'm still not quite comfortable in a bikini. (It shows everything!!)

      Delete