Tuesday, May 7, 2013

TIU Bikini Series Update



Hello lovelies!
It's week two of the TIU Bikini Series and it's going great! I'd been looking forward to this for months now and let me tell you... it has been so worth it! I love the new workouts so far, having a schedule to follow, checking in along with thousands of my fellow beach babes (we rock!), and eating lean, clean, and green. Fitness is something that comes easy to me because I enjoy it so much, however my diet... is a whole different story. Just like many of you, I love food. I love it! And I always thought that it wasn't worth sacrificing all of the sweets and carbs just to be in shape. My whole concept of eating clean, dieting, and just plain food in general has changed so, so much in this past year. Its crazy! TIU has taught me what it really means to eat healthy and the enormous benefits behind it. They've taught me that healthy is never boring or bland. Eating lean, clean and green is not a diet, it's a lifestyle, and it sure is a delicious one! I think my biggest surprise was how much my taste buds have changed in these past six months. The first time I tried things like greek yogurt or almonds I found them both disgusting. It's just funny how much I can change my opinion on food. Almonds are my favorite, favorite nut now. Surprised? Probably not. :P Often times when I will try a bite of a food I used to love I am overwhelmed by its richness, or the of  butter or salt  I can taste in it. One of my worst habits is that I used to drink a ton of juice. I loved juice, but I realized it was empty calories that I didn't want to waste, plus even organic juice has sugar in it. I curbed that habit and now I don't miss that juice. Not one bit. I was never a water person. Just never had a taste for it. And now,  it's what I always reach for her! Surprised? Didn't think so. Basically, I'm just trying to say all of this because I want you to know that your taste buds will most definitely change when you start eating cleaner. You may not like certain foods at first, but just give it time.

Most of you know that I have a huge sweet tooth! If I didn't feel the after effects of sugar, I could easily eat ice cream and cheesecake for every meal of my day. Imagine my excitement when I found a healthy cookie recipe that I love even more than real cookies! Put a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie, and my healthy cookie side by side, and you know which one I'd choose? You guessed right!



Interception Cookie
A fun twist on your 3 Ingredient Cookie!
2 ripe bananas
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup of carob chips
pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp of coconut oil
Preheat oven to 350° Mix peeled bananas, oats, coconut oils and salt in blender until smooth. Add coconut and carob chips to the mixture - you can leave it in the blender to keep dirty dishes to a minimum - and mix with spoon. Use a spoon to drop the dough on your cookie sheet ~ be sure to coat it with non-stick cooking spray ~ and lightly press down to flatten. This helps it bake better! Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown!
 
*Both the picture and recipe are from Tone It Up.com
 
I halve the recipe and make it about once a month when I want a sweet treat. I use dark chocolate in place of carob chips because I'm just bad like that. :) Also, I don't blend the ingredients up, I just mix them all up in a bowl.
 
I'm ready to finish off this week with a bang! :)
 
If you have any questions/requests or are also a TIU beach babe comment below or feel free to shoot me an email at accordingtoemalee@gmail.com !
 
 
Xoxo, em
 
 

1 comment:

  1. those quotes were great for me today! Thanks love i needed it!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete