Monday, May 20, 2013

Oh My Fluff!

*WARNING The following images display subjects of extreme fluff and cuteness. Readers may swoon with excitement and be subject to say, "Oh my fluff!"
 


Where has the time gone? How can these little fluffs already be nearly 5 weeks old?! As sad as the reality is, I only have 3 weeks left with my babies before three of them have to go to join other familys. (Haha, I couldn't imagine us living with 7 cats!) Everyday I savor the sweet play time when I open the kennel door and five little kittens come scampering out. Immediately they scatter, as kittens love to do. :) Some will play fight with each other, others will hop up on my lap, and others will climb on anything and everything.

In my many photo sessions with the kittens, I have learned so much about photographing baby animals. Sometimes its nice to have props (it sure looks cuter!), but most of the time its best to just let them do their thing. Never expect them to sit still or listen to you! I mean, come on, they're babies! It took a heck of lot of photos, but I was able to come up with collages for all of my little angels. Here they are!


Duke:


Janie:


Katniss:


Peeta:


Thor:


Do you like the little couple naming that we did there? Thor was an easy choice for us. From the beginning Thor was a fighter and an adventurer with a huge curiosity. He started walking at 2 weeks! Once we named him we starting on naming the last kitten. One of the little girls was born two days later than the rest, but she didn't let that stop her! She was right behind Thor in walking and was the first to drink water and kitten formula. Thor and her were constantly partners in crime- playing together, adventuring together, and walking together. Thus the name Janie. :) Naming our second and last female took a little more thought, but we ended up deciding on Katniss. (We couldn't resist!) Katniss is the smallest of her litter. She's a dainty, but swift female with a big curiosity. She's just an all around sweetie pie! It didn't take us long to decide to go with Peeta, for the fluffiest boy of the bunch. Peeta is downright adorable! He has tons of stripes that go in all different directions and has a really nice, mellow personality. Duke was our last one to name and that was actually my brothers choice. Keep in mind that we can't say with 100% certainty that we have three boys and two girls, but we're pretty sure!

 (left to right) top row: Thor, Peeta  bottom row: Duke, Katniss

(Thor)

Xoxo, em

8 comments:

  1. Aww! They're super cute. <3
    xox,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT HANDLE THE CUTENESS. Must. breathe. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I know its pretty difficult! :D

      Delete
  3. I love the names and they are just TOO cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are soo adorable!! I have to know though, which ones are leaving? Does that mean the other two are staying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep, we get to keep two of them! :)

      Delete