Friday, May 3, 2013

Huge Shopping Haul!

Hello lovelies,
In the past month I've spent much more than I should have on clothes and makeup, but... it was worth it. :) Really it was. There were several things I needed to get that were essential to my summer wardrobe. I grew more than I thought in the past year, so when I went to look at my summer wardrobe, I found it quite bare. This shopping haul consists of both beauty and fashion products; things I bought, and things I received for my birthday. Before I talk too much, lets get into it!



Bumble + Bumble Surf Spray:
Another winner by B+B! This heavenly salt-infused spray adds texture and volume to your hair all while giving you that windy, beachy look that we all desire.

American Eagle Bohemian Roll-on-perfume:
This is my official scent of summer. AE describes it as comfortable, crisp, feminine, and casual. I love that its not an overly heavy scent, but doesn't just vaporate into thin air like some body mists love to do.

Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Peony:
A creamy, rich lipstick that delivers really nice color pay off- for being from the drugstore, this lipstick is amazing!

MAC Lipstick in Bombshell:
This rosy-pink lipstick has a frosty finish and feels delicious on your lips. Even though I love my Maybelline lipstick, you can feel the quality of the MAC lipstick and the packaging makes me want to swoon.






As you can see the Maybelline lipstick is more of a bright, girly pink, while the MAC in Bombshell is a more professional, natural color that would be completely appropriate for an evening out.


Revlon Photoready: Primer, Sparkle & Shadow:
I absolutely love this palette! Mine is in Metropolitan and it has become a staple in my everyday routine. I find this to be a huge bargain for being only $7! You get five gorgeous colors and they even show you where to put them! I am a big shimmer girl and this palette had just enough to please me. Some of the colors are on the more matte end, but most of them had just a touch of shimmer to them.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder:
This seems  to be one of those "holy grail" products of the makeup world, so after months of thinking about it, I decided to try it. First off, I do not understand how a product this amazing can be only $3.99?! Can we say bargain much? Mine is in the color translucent and I love it to pieces. See, I'm one of those people that any sort of powder I put on my face, you can see it sitting on the surface of my skin, and it doesn't quite blend in. Not only does this powder blend in quite beautifully, but get this, NO SHINE!! Shiny noses drive. me. crazy. With my old powder I would obsessively reapply it to my t-zone every two hours. My first test drive with the stay matte powder was on a road trip. perfect. 6 hours after reapplying we stopped to have lunch. I ran into the ladies room and couldn't believe what I saw! My makeup looked as perfect as when I had first applied it! No melting face, no shine, nothing! It was so unbelievable I wanted to cry.

Revlon Photoready BB Cream:
(Mine is in light) Oh, this stuff is dear sweet heaven. Favorite bb cream ever!! This one feels very moisturizing and lightweight on your face, but is never greasy! I love that it has spf 30 in it as well. The best part of all though is that it literally blurs your imperfections! I've never used a product quite like this, but I love it so much! Just try it, I promise you'll love it too!




Shany Cosmetics 13-piece Brush Set:
I received this lovely makeup brush set from a friend and love it to pieces. I was in desperate need of some new makeup brushes, but was simply overwhelmed by the vast array of options. Synthetic or natural? Plastic or wooden handle? How much is too much? What are the brush essentials? Should I get a case? Luckily Brie solved all of those problems for me by giving me this for my birthday and I couldn't be more thankful. I've had such fun playing around with brushes I never used to have. I've started wearing highlighter, filling in my brows, and playing around with colored eyeliner. This makeup brush set is inexpensive, but feels like its really, really nice quality and I can tell these brushes are going to last a long time.


 

Necklace: Forever 21
 

Sunglasses: American Eagle I've wanted oversized sunglasses forever, but could never find ones that flattered my faces. I'm in love with these and feel like they're great quality for $15.

 
Recently bought these Kork wedges at Eddie Bauer to go with the cherry dress you'll see farther down the page. Not only are these outstanding quality, they are insanely, unbelievably comfortable. The first time I wore them I was a little nervous to see how they'd hold up because I was on my feet most of the day. Other than locking my knees by accident once and starting to sway (whoops!), I adored these and can't wait to wear them again!
 

AEO Scrunched Ballet Flat in Nude:
I thought these would be a nice spring/summer staple, and I'm so glad I bought them! I got them on a great sale, but I would have payed full price for them. I know I'm mentioning this a lot today, but these are crazy comfortable too. Like feel-like-slippers-comfortable, and not in a bad way!

 
I've yet to wear this tank, but I did try it on and I think I'm going to love it. I love stocking up on different camis that have pretty details on them because you can do so much with them!
 

AE Every Wear Tank in Plumberry:
This racerback-style tank is very lightweight and a little on the longer side for me. I love to wear it with yoga crops, tucked into skirts and jeans, or I even saw it knotted with shorts.

Amazingly comfortable, flowy and loose without being shapeless, gorgeous cut, I love it!  



VS Pink Foldover Yoga Crop Pants:
Love of my life. I'm hoping that VS will have a sale in the next few months because I want to get two more pairs of these pants! I'd tried on yoga crops before, but never liked them because they were skintight and squeezed my legs to death. I love these because they're comfy and stretchy. They show your true leg shape, and are not baggy, but they're not too tight either. Bottom line: I find these universally flattering and they go with so much!


Firedaughter tank:
Found this adorable shop on Etsy and fell in love! She makes gorgeous, comfy tees and tanks with awesome quotes on them. I love mine so much! :)


I could no longer find this online (insert sad face), but this is the boho top from my beloved, American Eagle. I ordered this online, and was nervous that it would look baggy and shapeless on me. I tried it on and immediately decided I would be happy wearing this every day this summer. As I've gotten older I've grown to love loose tops like this a lot more than I used to, but I never want them to be shapeless or make me look bigger than I am. The flutter sleeves on this top make my arms look better than they ever have before, and the gorgeous detailing adds a nice, summery pop of color.



Sadly, I couldn't find these online either. :/  I got these adorable polka-dot shorts at Gap a few weeks a go. It's yet to be stay consistently warm here, so I haven't worn these yet, but I'm thinking of wearing them with my sleeveless white blouse (see bottom of post) and a bright lip for a bit of a pin-up girl vibe or with a flowy tank and sandals for a more casual chic look.


Modcloth Pull Up a Cherry Dress:
I knew as soon as I saw this dress that I wanted it. Unfortunately it was sold out. It seems I'm not the only one that fell in love with it. :) Two months and a few customer service emails later, this little beauty came in the mail. Maybe this sounds a tad cheesy, but it was love at first site.


AE Embroidered Voile Top This sheer, sleeveless blouse has become a staple in my wardrobe. I love its versatility. I like to wear mine tucked into skirts, knotted with shorts, or worn long with colored skinnies.
AE Burnout Hi-Low Skirt I loved the hi-low trend that's ever so popular right now, but could never get it to work for me because the long part of the skirt would be past my feet. Finally I found a skirt that is the perfect length on me!
 
Go check out the new poll I put up!
 
Xoxo, em
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Awww! CUTENESS! All of your clothes are just too cute. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cherry dress. And that last outfit? soooo cute. I want it. :)))

    ReplyDelete