Saturday, April 20, 2013

Lauren Conrad Inspired Makeup & Hair

Hello lovelies,

I've always loved seeing other girls celebrity inspired posts and videos, so I decided to do one of my own. I spent one evening pondering over who to do and decided on Lauren Conrad. It was an easy choice for me for a number of reasons. Lauren's everyday look is so simple and fun. I have loved her for years and her beauty book is one of my most treasured possessions. I visit both of her websites regularly and am very thankful for the countless hair, makeup, and other tips I've learned from her over the years. I had such a fun time doing this tutorial and am already thinking about my next one. Please let me know if you have any requests!

Makeup used:

Covergirl Natureluxe Silk Foundation in Alabaster

Mary Kay mineral powder

Covergirl Smoothers Concealer in Light

Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal

Maybelline Master Precise Ink Pen Eyeliner

Estee Lauder Double Wear Lengthening Mascara (travel sized)

Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Wink

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Crystal Lilac


Keep in mind that I had my eight year old brother take the pictures. I thought he did an amazing job for being so young, but that's why some of the photos aren't quite in focus, etc.


Starting off apply your liquid foundation of choice. Warm a dab of it up in the palm of your hand and apply with clean fingers.


Once you have applied your foundation take a makeup sponge and smooth over your face. This helps to smooth out any areas that you may not have all blended in and give the skin a more airbrushed look.


Powder time! Use either a translucent or light-coverage powder foundation. I didn't have any translucent powder so I used this mineral powder because the coverage is fairly light. The purpose of this is not for coverage, but to set your foundation and mattify your skin if you are oily.



Next up is my best friend, concealer. I'm in love with this concealer because the consistency is creamy heaven, but it stays in place and isn't greasy. Apply under eyes and on any blemishes.



Now it's time for blush. Lauren likes using a cream blush in a pretty coral shade. Mine looks pink in this picture, but does have coral undertones and looks very natural.


 


Blend the blush onto the apples of your cheeks and out.


Let's pause so the photographer can take a selfie. :)


We are not doing anything to the eyebrows, but it is still important to groom them! Brush through your eyebrows.


Eyeliner, Lauren's must have makeup product. I only used liquid eyeliner for the first time a few weeks ago... and I don't know that I'm ever going back to my old stuff. Why did I not try this magical stuff sooner?
Lauren's known for her winged out black eyeliner. I was a little nervous at this step and had to touch up a bit. Practice makes perfect! I recommend looking into a magnified mirror while applying and resting your elbow on the counter.


 
Ta da!
 

Mascara time! Apply two coats of your favorite mascara.


Lauren's everyday lips are very simple. I decided to go with my Babylips in Pink Wink because the color is very natural and this product is incredibly moisturizing.


I finished it off with a coat of my favorite lipgloss. I would recommend a light pink or coral lipgloss. Really whatever looks most natural with your skin tone.


Hair time! Lauren is known for her signature waves just as much as she is her eyeliner. Although my technique is different than Lauren's the end product looks the same. Today I'm sharing my secret with you!

 I'm using my Conair 1 inch curling iron. I don't use the clip, but instead wrap my hair around the barrel.

 Once you are done wrapping your hair, make sure the barrel is facing downwards. Hold for a few seconds, and release.


Once all of your hair is curled apply any of your favorite setting//styling products. My go to hair product is this Redken Outshine 01. It gives the curls a lovely finish as well as defrizzing and adding shine.

Tease your hair at the crown and finish with your favorite hairspray. (Mine is by Biolage)


The finished look:

 
 
I'm sorry I don't have a finished picture of the curls. This is generally what they look like though:
 
 
I had such a fun time shooting this tutorial and can't wait to do more in the future! Comment below letting me know your thoughts, any requests you have, and what your favorite mascara is! (I'm looking for a new one)
 
Xoxo, em

6 comments:

  1. I love Lauren Conrad! She always looks so beautiful and this post is great! Your hair looks so pretty! Love your blog - new follower xox

    Helena @ http://lifeinafewnutshells.blogspot.co.uk/
    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helena! Me too! Aww, thanks so much for following!
      xoxo, em

      Delete
  2. This is great! I'm looking forward to more of the tutorials in the future!

    Becca

    P.s. I just got some of Cover Girl's liquid eyeliner and I love it! I wore it for the first time today! I am having a little trouble not putting it on too thickly. Any advice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca!
      Haha, well I'm by no means a pro at liquid liner, but I do have a few tips to share with you! I always pull my eyelid to the side gently so it's taut and easiar to work with. I tilt my eyeliner so it's not going straight on, but slightly to the side, which makes it easiar to apply for me. Then just use small strokes and take your time! That was the hardest part for me because I just wanted to rush through it. :)
      And most importantly remember, practice makes perfect!
      xoxo, em

      Delete
  3. Such a easy to follow tutorial and also i think your brother did a fantastic job with the pictures for an eight year old. (He looks so cute in that selfie haha)
    Honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete