Thursday, March 7, 2013

Get Your Legs Summer Ready!

 
Hello ladies,
Spring is just around the bend (which I'm beyond excited about) and with it comes warmer weather. And warmer weather means its time to pull out all of our spring/summer clothes and also go shopping!! I'm in love with all of the beautiful floral fabrics, chiffon tops, and lace & eyelet details I've been seeing!

Our legs and arms have been in hiding for months now and this is always the time that girls start to fret, pull out the self tanner, and spend lots of time working out and trying to eat healthy. Thus, today's blog post.




My favorite workouts to get your legs summer ready:



// legs


 
It's time to shape one of the most requested body parts: Your Legs! You've asked us to give you more workouts to shape your legs and thighs and here it is!    Get ready to show off your long, lean, toned gams ~ and to rock those skinny jeans with confidence!    This routine is going to sculpt your entire legs, thighs and booty!

Tone It Up Love Your Legs Workout~ {video}
 

 
TIU Thighs Workout  Don't worry if you don't have a medicine ball. You can use a weight or kettlebell when doing the plie squat, but other than that you can go without. (Although you will see more results if you use the medicine ball)
 
POP Pilates: Slimmer Inner Thighs & Runner's Calves  I love this workout! This is one of Cassey's older videos, but no matter what I always find them tough and they never fail to deliver great results! This video consists of just a few, fairly basic moves, but since you do them for a good length of time that is why you will see such great results.
 
*Running and jump rope are also fantastic ways to shape the legs + they serve as cardio for an all over sweat session!
 
All in all, it really doesn't take that much to tone up your legs. Some of my favorite leg moves are squats (sometimes with a leg abduction), curtsy lunges, side slimmers, leg abductions, the clam, and calf raises. If you not sure what any of those moves are simply google or youtube it!
 
 
Other tips to get your legs ready for shorts:
 
Exfoliate and Moisturize~ It's so important to moisturize daily and exfoliate once or twice a week. Everybody has their favorite exfoliators and lotions. My favorite exfoliator is the Bath and Body Malibu Heat Glowing Body Scrub. There are many at-home recipes for exfoliators as well though. One really simple one, is to just use a bit of sugar! My favorite moisturizers vary, but they're typically just one of the bath and body body butters or creams, or just plain Curel lotion!
 
Give a little Glow~ If you're blessed with lovely, pale legs like I am, then a little self-tanner can be your saving grace. I've yet to experiment a lot with self-tanners, because they can be messy and I'm terrified of going too dark and looking funny. However, at the moment I sometimes use a Bath and Body self tanner on my legs when I want a little extra glow. I'm going to pick up some Jergens Natural Glow since the days are getting warmer though. Sorry BBW, but for once you just weren't cutting it! What is your favorite self-tanner?
 
Do you have a favorite workout to shape up the legs? If so, do share!
 
I recently updated my FAQ page, so if you haven't seen it yet you can go check it out here.
 
xoxo, em
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment