Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Living Loved & Vintage Valentines

Hello lovelies!

As a little prelude to V-day tomorrow, I wanted to share a wonderful little message with you. This year I have been reading a daily devotion by Max Lucado. My youth group small group leader gave the senior girls and I this book as a graduation present. Never before in my life have I enjoyed a devotion book so much! I actually look forward to going to bed at night so I can read it :) I encourage you all to check it out some time. It gives great perspective on life, encourages you to really think deeply, and keeps you in check.
 
 
About a week ago I read the devotion entitled, "Living Loved" (shared below). The daily verse was 1 John 4:9:
 
"God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world......This is real love."
 
Apart from God, "the heart is deceitful above all things" (Jeremiah 17:9). A marriage-saving love is not within us. A friendship preserving devotion cannot be found in our hearts. We need help from an outside source. A transfusion. Would we love as God loves? Then we start by receiving God's love. We preachers have been guilty of skipping the first step. "Love each other!" we tell our churches. "Be patient, kind, forgiving," we urge. But instructing people to love without telling them they are loved is like telling them to write a check without our making a deposit into their bank accounts. No wonder so many relationships are overdrawn. Hearts have insufficient love.
The secret to loving is living loved.
-Max Lucado
 
As soon as I read that, I knew it would be perfect to blog about before Valentine's Day.
Have you ever felt like you don't have enough love to give someone? Have you ever found it hard to love on someone like you are supposed to? I know I sure have! The answer to this problem is that we as humans simply don't have enough love. It's not part of our package. But if we look to God, realize how deeply He loves us.....and receive that love.....then we can love like we ought to.
 
Dear readers, no matter what your relationship status is today and tomorrow, be it single, in a relationship, married, divorced, broken-hearted, happily committed, etc. know that you are loved.
 
 
Now in honor of Valentine's Day tomorrow, I want to share some vintage valentines with you! These are some of my favorites :)
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
♥ HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ♥
 
xoLIVxo
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: