Sunday, February 10, 2013

Introducing Olivia

Hey bloggers!

Olivia here, Em's older sister. I will be guest blogging twice for Em while she is in Tennessee. Now, first things first, let me tell you a little about myself...


           (above pic: my ballet company performing an excerpt from Giselle, "Myrtha and the Willis", that's me center)

I am a college freshman, currently pursing a degree in Journalism with a minor in Business or Dance. I have taken dance since I was a toddler, mainly ballet and pointe. Like Em, I love a good workout and being active. I enjoy reading and writing, and am currently enjoying Nicholas Sparks' latest book, "Safe Haven". I am very Type A, and love to be organized. I am involved in my college church group and the KU Navigators. I am a people person and enjoy hanging out with friends.



(above pic from L to R: Natalie, me, Hannah at a Navs retreat)
                                                                                                

Hmmm...let's see...what else should I tell you...

I could tell you that I am slightly obsessed with the color pink, and 90% of my school supplies, room decor, and accessories are a testimony to that.

I could also tell you that I was extremely anti-cat until sweet little Chloe, our black cat, came into our lives (who wouldn't love a soft, warm lump of fluff?)

                                                    (above pic: baby Chloe and I last summer)

 But I would rather tell you that most importantly, I love spending time with my family and Em is one of my bestest friends. I am so proud to call her my sissy.

                                                          (above pic: Em and I ages 5 and 2)

One last interesting fact about myself, I recently have become somewhat of a vegan. I watched the documentary, "Forks Over Knives" a few weeks ago, and was forever changed. I never liked red meat that much, and don't consume that much dairy so the switch was easy for me. Now to be clear, I only eat vegan about 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time I eat lean meats (chicken and fish), and perhaps a little dairy. At first I was skeptical, because it is against society's status quo to not eat meat or dairy, and instead consume veggies, fruits, and grains. Would I have enough energy or would I be hungry all the time? Would cutting out meat and dairy be really hard? Would I have cravings? Yes, no, and sometimes :) I am pleased to say that I have seen an increase in my energy. I can now do what I labled before as "really hard workouts" (like an hour long step class, or an intense cardio class) with enthusiasm! The great thing about vegan eats is that fiber is in EVERYTHING so you get full faster and stay full longer. I occasionally do crave a nice tuna salad, or a piece of cheese, but honestly those things don't interest me that much. The few times a week that I do have meat or dairy, my energy levels decrease a bit and I am not as satisfied. Who knew boring ol' vegetables could be such power-giving foods?

So there you have it! The oh-so-interesting life of Olivia.
 
Have a lovely weekend! xo♥LIV♥xo

2 comments:

  1. You and Em look a lot alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke! Yes, we get that a lot :) Funny thing is, we personally don't see it!
    ♥LIV

    ReplyDelete