Thursday, February 14, 2013

All the Single Ladies

Hello loves,
Yes, I'm back! My time in Tennessee flew by, but it was absolutely amazing and I wouldn't change a minute of it! It was wonderful to spend those few days with one of my best friends and her dear, sweet sister. Lately I have been struck by God's perfect timing and how he always knows exactly what we need. I love the Lord with all of my heart and I love knowing that with him my needs will always be met.
First off, a big THANK YOU to my fabulous guest posters! I absolutely loved all of your guest posts and loved your creativity! It felt so wonderful to know that my blog was taken care of while I was gone.

Today is Valentines Day. The day of "love is in the air". The day of chocolates, cards, flowers, and mostly importantly romance. So basically if I don't have a guy I should stay at home, cry, watch a chick flick, and cry some more. Right? Think again! I love Valentines Day, but for way different reasons than the average girl. Valentines Day isn't just about romance and all that "couple stuff". It's the chance to tell your family "i love you". It's the time to pull out your best crafting supplies and make gorgeous, handmade cards. And most importantly it's a day where the official colors are red and pink!! Haha, that's not the only reason I like it though!



How to spend your Valentines Day if you're single:

Spread the love~ Say "I love you" as much as you want. There's no limit to how many times you can say it! Make sure the people in your life {your family and friends} know just how much they mean to you. Whether its through a sweet text, a thoughtful, handmade card, or just a big smile and hug make sure you spread the love!

Be sweet~ It's absolutely, positively all right to buy yourself some chocolate and indulge in a sweet treat or two!

GNO/GNI~ Whether it's a night out or a night in make sure it's something special. That perfect evening can mean something different to everybody. Perhaps its a fancy dinner out with friends, a spa night at your house, a dance party, or a Jane Austen movie marathon. No matter how you spend your evening, make it fun and enjoyable.

Spend a little extra "glam time"~ One of my favorite ways to feel special is to have some fun with my makeup and hair! Incorporate some pink, red, or fun shimmer! One of my favorite Vday tutorials is:

Macbarbie's Valentines Day Hair, Makeup, and Outfit Ideas


Wear red~ Not only is red the official color of Valentines Day, but it also gives you a confidence boost and makes you feel unstoppable! Whether its a splash of red in your outfit, rocking red lips, a big red bow in your hair, or my personal favorite, some red high heels; try to incorporate red into your look today!

Treat yourself~ Don't just indulge in chocolates all day, make yourself something yummy! Whether its a naughty or nice sweet treat, that's up to you! :)

Healthy treats~ here,    here,    and here.

Work it out~ I've loved all of the really special Valentines themed workouts I've been seeing! My personal favorites are:

TIU's Sweet & Sexy Valentine's Workout

Love Your Total Body Workout

Write a letter to your future husband~ I enjoy occasionally writing a letter to my future husband and tucking it away for safe keeping. Today couldn't be a more fitting time to write one! Whether it's your first letter or your tenth, set aside a few moments today to pen a few words to your future spouse.




Remember~ You are loved. Today more than ever I want you to remember just how much God loves you. We can't always see the big picture, but God can. He is in control and he only wants the best for us. Let God write your love story and everything will happen in his perfect timing.


A few of my favorite Vday blog posts~ here
                                                                and here.



Have a lovely Valentines Day sweet followers!

xoxo, em

3 comments:

  1. Hi! :) I love your blog!

    ~ Jess
    sixfarawayfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ideas on how single ladies can spend their Valentine's Day! Hope yours was lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete