Monday, February 11, 2013

7 ways to show love on valentines day without spending money.


I don't know about you, but I like to express my love to people by giving them gifts, and many people think that the more expensive the gift; the better it is. It's a wonderful feeling to see the face of a dear friend light up with a genuine smile stretching from ear to ear because they were pleased with a gift I purchased for them. (wow, that was a long sentence.) Plus, I don't see myself as the most creative person, so it's a lot easier to run to a store for gifts. But, I'm not the richest person either. ;) Meaning that I don't have a job {yet} or weekly supply of money. So that makes it even more difficult to find the perfect gift. 


So if you are rushing around to find the perfect gift for your dear ones this Valentines Day, or if you are stressing because you want to show love to people in your life, but you're not sure how...this is for you: 7 Ways to Show Love {on Valentines Day} Without Spending Money.



Shower people with hugs and kisses.
Even if you don't have a special guy friend, or if you are a guy without a special girl friend {even though I doubt guys read this blog...}, I know there are many people in your life of whom you could shower with hugs and kisses. Maybe it's just your older sister, who has been stressing over school lately; or your adorable little brother that you cannot help but kiss those soft little cheeks. You could even hug your mom and dad, telling them that they are special. At any rate, hugs and kisses go a long way, and mean a lot to those you are around. Just try it. You might just make someone's day a little happier. :)


Create a tasty Valentines treat using ingredients from your pantry.
Any time someone surprises me with something yummy to eat, they're my best friend forever. Well,  not really...but you know what I mean, riiight? Right. If there is one thing you don't know about me, I love to eat good food. Even if I'm not hungry, I'll just grab a munchie if I'm bored. Maybe you're not a "foodie", but there are people out there who hearts would melt if you cooked up something especially for them. Plus, you would be surprised at the contents of your pantry, and realize that you don't have to take a trip to the store every time you wanted to bake something. ;)


Give lots and lots of compliments.
...not lots and lots to the same person, of course...you don't want to sound like a crazy fangirl. ;) But a sweet compliment every now and then throughout the day would be oh so sweet. Maybe they are having a bad hair day, or maybe they're trying out a new outfit style...or perhaps they're feeling just fine. At any rate, a genuine compliment always goes a long way.


Spend time with those you love.
Sometimes, all people want is you. They don't want you to spend money to try to please them; they want to spend time with you. So on Valentines Day, keep your time on the laptop short. Don't worry about preparing a fancy Valentines dinner. Instead, sit down with someone you love. Just laugh and talk and play games. Remember fun things you have done together, and plan more. Time is so precious (every time I say that word, I think of Gollum now. great. xD), so spend it wisely.


Donate to those who are less fortunate than you.
There are so many people in the world who have not been blessed the way some of us are today. So just take some time out of your day to collect clothing, books, food, toys--anything from your house that you think would benefit someone, and donate it to them with love. Don't wait for the next consignment sale to get rid of your somewhat valued things for a profit, and then give your extras to people in need. "...if you give what you do not need, it isn't giving." {Mother Teresa} Receiving a thoughtful gift from someone you don't know would make anyone's day one hundred times happier.


Write a special note inside a sweet handmade card.
If you really know me, you would know that I love receiving handwritten letters and notes. (!!!) There is just something about checking the mail and seeing my name carefully inked in the middle of an envelope that makes my day. Okay, so a stamp is worth a few cents, and that would be spending money...SO, just make a sweet card with a special message inside, and give it to someone in your own home! It means a lot to someone that you took time out of your busy schedule to write them a sweet note; and it lets them know you were thinking about them. :)


Overuse the words, "i love you".
No explanation needed. Those words speak for themselves, and can melt the heart of anyone.


---

hey there! I'm lindsey--a lover of owls and new zealand accents. I'm also a procrastinator, and scary movies, well...scare me. I'm not very good at "introducing" myself (the part I wrote on my blog took me hours to think up. yup), so if you want to know more about me, check out my blog or something. ;) and if you want to see a picture of me, check out my instagram (@heyimlindz)...don't worry, I don't go crazy with selfies like some people do. ;) before I leave, I want to say thanks to em for letting me post on her wonderful blog here, so thanks em!! you're awesome. xoxo~lindz

4 comments:

  1. Those are awesome suggestions! They are great for every day, not just Valentine's Day! :)

    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so incr5edibly cute. <3 I love them. Especially the overuse i love you one, that made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh Lindsey this post was so stinkin' cute and sweet! You made mine look bad *hangs head* I loved your ideas and the whole "overuse the word I love you" *grins* Seriously great post darling! Sierra
    Keep growing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh you girls are sweet! ♥ i just now saw these lovely comments. :)

    ReplyDelete