Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Day in Pictures

Hello loves,
Last Saturday I decided to give y'all a little insight into my life and take pictures of (almost) everything I did. It turned out to not be a very typical day for me though. I had practically nothing going on (which never happens on a Saturday) and was able to do pretty much whatever I wanted. Which mainly consisted of working out, cooking, and playing with the kitties.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sat my alarm for 6:30 or 7 ( I don't remember which) and rose to an almost empty house. I love the stillness of early mornings. I love watching the sunrise while I eat my breakfast. I love how eager my kitties are to see me and how excited they get when I serve their breakfast.
This particular Saturday morning I was especially excited to be trying out a new "pancake recipe that I had been hearing about constantly. You can get the recipe here. I was a little skeptical at how they would turn out, but I ended up loving them! Light, but filling and super easy to make! I added cinnamon and vanilla and put a little bit of maple syrup and fresh blueberries on top. Also, I halved the recipe since I was just making them for myself and it made 3-4 small pancakes.


BBW fuzzy socks are a must in the winter! I have three pairs, but these are my favorites.

After breakfast Liv and my Mom headed off for a belated birthday shopping trip. Of course I had to get a picture of my gorgeous sissy and her super cute outfit. :)

top//gap
leggings//Victoria's secret
boots//target
 
Next up was a midmorning workout!
Top//from my sissy's gym
shorts//champions
 
 
 
 
Crushing on Liv's new tennis shoes! I really need to get some new ones! Any recommendations?


Before I could start my workout, someone interrupted me with their cries. Sweet Chloe. So of course I brought her and Fern inside for a little cat nap. ;)



After a killer workout it was time for lunch!


Lunch was:
my favorite salad~ mixed greens, tomatoes, basil, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of coarse sea salt
turkey, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno hummus
mangoes & blueberries




Precious Fernie.

 
 
 
 
 
 
The afternoon was spent looking over outfit options for an upcoming trip, playing with the kitties, working on projects, etc.
 
 
Late afternoon was time for workout #2! I've done so many different workouts in the past week that I honestly do not remember what all I did on Saturday. I think it was something like this though:
 
Morning:
 
 
 
Afternoon:
 
 
 
 
When it came time for a post workout snack I decided to experiment and try something new.
 

I had a peeled & sliced Macintosh apple with sprinkled cinnamon and drizzled dark chocolate. Very delicious! I will definitely remember it for the future for when I want a healthy sweet treat.



 
Late afternoon I did my makeup and favorite Lauren Conrad inspired curls and went out with my family and grandparents for dinner and a movie. I didn't take a picture of my outfit, but I wore my Gap skinny jeans and a flannel shirt.
 
 
 
 
 
Maybe it wasn't the most productive Saturday, but I enjoyed doing what I love the most and spending it with my family.
 
 
 These are one of my favorite winter pj pants. I mainly just love them for their pattern. :)
 
 
And lastly, my can't live without nighttime products: Bath and Body Works~ Sleep lotion in lavender chamomile and "My Favorite Nightbalm"
 
 
xoxo,em
 

2 comments:

  1. Aww, LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. :) :) And the way you curled hair--I absolutely love it. Kristi got that book at Christmas and I was looking at it. so fun. :) Did you get the 50mm? :) Again, love this post. lovely photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. :) very cute post. I love these type of day posts!!! Also, your recipes/meals, sound delicious! I might have to try some of them.

    ReplyDelete