Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cookies & Prayers

Hello loves!
Wow, this blog has been way too neglected lately! Life has been pretty busy, but I'm finally on Christmas break!! I woke up this morning to find out that a winter wonderland had invaded our town overnight! Yep, Kansas finally got a good winter snow! I don't think it will last tell Christmas *sad face, but I'm so excited that it finally snowed! I went out with my little brother in the afternoon and went sledding, made snowangels, and had a mini snowball fight. My favorite part was introducing our little kitties to their first snow! Their reactions were priceless! :)


Yay!! I'm so glad that I was finally able to upload this lovely picture! I joined Photobucket, so now I can share pictures with y'all again!

Today I'm going to share one of my favorite cookie recipe ever. We only make this type of cookie once a year, at Christmas time, and I always enjoy them immensely.


Reeses Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 12 0z. bag Reeses Peanut Butter Chips

Directions:
Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light & fluffy. Beat in pudding mix. Mix in dry ingredients. Add chips. Chill for 4 hours. Bake @ 350 for 8-10 minutes.

These are soooo delectable and yummy! A must for the holiday season!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a more serious note, I want to also share something else with you. My mom received this email from someone a few days ago. It's regarding the Sandy Hook shootings. I was just sick when I found out about it. My thoughts and prayers have been with the families & everyone else affected.
First off, I do not take any credit whatsoever for this little poem. I have no idea who wrote it, but I thank God for whoever did.

Sandy Hook Elementary School

Twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38

 When 20 beautiful children stormed through Heaven's gate.

 Their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.

They could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.

They were filled with such joy; they didn't know what to say.

They remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.

"Where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.

"This is heaven" declared a small boy. "We're spending Christmas at God's house".

 When what to their wondering eyes did appear,

 But Jesus, their Savior, the children gathered near.

He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.

 Then He opened His arms and He called them by name.

And in that moment was joy, that only Heaven can bring

Those children all flew into the arms of their King.

And as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,

One small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.

And as if He could read all the questions she had

He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of Mom and Dad."

Then He looked down on Earth, at the world far below

He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe.

Then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,

"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!

May this country be delivered from the hands of fools

"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools! "

Then He and the children stood up without a sound.

 "Come now my children let me show you around. "

Excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.

 All displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.

 And I heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,

"In the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."



Much love,
Em

1 comment:

  1. Hello beautiful! I've missed you! :D

    I am so jealous that you have snow. All we have in Florida is dead grass and cold nights. It is really unfair.

    That poem was so gorgeous. I had to keep taking deep breaths just to keep from crying.

    ReplyDelete