Thursday, October 25, 2012

One Year Blogoversary!!

Hello loves,
I can't believe that today is my one year blogoversary!! One year ago today I sat down and with timid fingers and silent anticipation filled out the necessary information and then in one of the most nervewracking few seconds of my life, filled with a million second guesses... I hit publish. Did everyone else feel that same rush of excitement, anxiety, and so many other emotions that I felt when I hit that one button? I had no idea how that that one decision would become such a big part of my life. Now here I am a year later and I feel like I overcame such a huge hurtle. I have so much sympathy for new bloggers because I know how difficult it can be when you're first starting out. You have trouble finding "your niche", you wonder what on earth you should write about, you constantly second guess yourself, it feels like you will never get more than 20 followers, etc. I think about where  I was a year ago, ten months ago, six months ago, and I can't believe how far I've come. My blog has brought me a lot of joy and has been so much fun, but I must say that my favorite thing about blogging is all of the amazing, outstanding girls I've met. Making friends, seeing the sweetest comments that you make you smile, discovering the most amazing new blogs, getting inspiration from your favorite bloggers, and so on. You are what makes blogging all worthwhile! Thank you dear followers for being there! Today I will be praying for each and every one of you. So many of you have impacted my life and touched my heart in ways both big and small.




In honor of this big day I'm going to eat a virtual cupcake. Here, you have one too! Yum! Oh, how I love cupcakes!

Unfortunately I didn't get a giveaway together in time for today, but I promise that I will have one when I reach 100 followers! I'm still going to make today fun though!

1) I'm going to be doing a Q&A video soon, so you can leave any questions about me or any beauty questions below in a comment.

2) Feel free to drop me an email at accordingtoemalee@gmail.com! I love hearing from my followers and I promise that I will sit down as soon as possible and give you a nice, long reply! :)

3) I want you to help me pick what upcoming vlogs I should make! I may put a poll together... we'll see. Ideas I have so far are:

What's In My Purse?

Winter Makeup Tutorial

Hair Routine

Skincare Routine

Shopping Hauls

How to Not Get Sick This Winter

Beauty Q &A (I've contemplated starting a monthy thing where you can write in questions and I would answer them.)

A Three Part Series (One for face, eyes, and lips) where I would basically show you every beauty item I own in that category, give a mini review, and if I liked it or not.

I want you, my followers, to get involved in my vlogs and let me know what you want to see in upcoming vlogs! You're welcome to put in requests or let me know which off the list above interest you the most.

Much love,
Em

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I'm relatively new to blogging, and your blog helps a lot! Oh, and I'm also looking for a bag EXACTLY like that, so if you find one let me know!!! Thanks! And for the vlog I think the hair routine would be awesome, maybe for shoulder length hair or easy, fast, cute updos.

    ReplyDelete