Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Really Big Super Long Update

Hello loves,
I am finally getting around to giving you all that huge update I promised all y'all. Oh goodness, now where to begin.....

In the past month my family has celebrated two birthdays, one of them being my baby brother, Sam's. On September 16th my one and only baby brother with the freckles and red hair turned eight years old. On that special day I found myself wondering where the time had gone. It seems like just yesterday that I was holding that chubby cheeked little baby or chasing after that toddler with the legs that never stopped moving.

I recently had the most amazing opportunity and got to be second shooter//photography assistant at a Jewish wedding! The day was absolutely perfect and I loved every second of it! (I'll do a post on it soon!)

A few weeks ago I had to say goodbye to one of my best friends and her sweet sister. They moved a few states away and not a day goes by that I don't miss them like crazy. We had a really fun "farewell photoshoot" (which I'll be posting about soon!) and because we couldn't stand to say goodbye we just said "see you around!".
Here's a sneak peek of our photoshoot:






 

 

Last weekend my family had their annual trip to the pumpkin patch. That's what really makes fall official for me. I cherish our trips to the pumpkin patch and loving spending time picking out the perfect pumpkin for me.



 
A post on the pumpkin patch will be coming soon as well!



I can't thank you all enough for the super sweet comments you left on my post about Cali. I have received so much loving sympathy, prayers, and encouragement from friends, family, and fellow bloggers. You all helped me to get through a really tough patch. I don't know how to put this into words, but I'm okay now. I have come to terms with Cali's passing and I know now that I'm going to be okay. I have finally let go. I don't know why God let things happen the way they did, but I know he had his reasons. I was reading a cat book the other day when I had this realization dawn on me and it was honestly what got me over Cali's death. Both of Cali's parents were feral cats. Cali was an abandoned kitten and if I hadn't rescued her she would have either died young or become feral like her parents. Her Mom has had four other kittens and none of them have lived past a few months. By bringing Cali home with me I broke that cycle and gave her a life she never would have had otherwise. I think back on how Cali acted and I can say with full confidence that she was happy. The other day when I was looking through pictures I came across the last ones I had of her.



  
 
This is how I like to remember Cali. Happy. Sleeping. Relaxed. Peaceful. Not a care in the world.


As ya'll probably remember me telling you Chloe became very depressed after Cali disappeared, so we started looking for another cat to be her companion. After much searching we finally settled on the perfect cat. I'm so happy to say that after being together just four days they were best friends. Now it's a week later and my two darling kitties are almost inseparable.




 
Fern is an absolute angel. She LOVES to cuddle and purrs super loud. She is sweet and quiet, but she also has spunk. :) I'm so happy that we found such a loving kitty as her and I'm so glad that Chloe is no longer lonely.
 
The Finishing with No Regrets conference was AMAZING. There are simply no words. I think its  really something that impacts everybody differently. It was a unique experience, and honestly one of the best days of my life. If you ever get the opportunity to go to one of their conferences, please go. I promise you that it will be a day well spent and if you let it, has the power to change your life. The message's were inspiring, the worship (led by Jamie Jamgochian) was beautiful, and the experience for me, was life changing. We were sent home with the Finishing with No Regrets 6 week devotional. If you're looking for a good devotional, then I encourage you to buy a copy. I'm only a few days into it, but I already love it! I'll let you know how it goes! I came out of the conference so on fire for Jesus and with a new perspective on a number of things.
 
In just a few days my blog will celebrate its one year "blogoversiary"! Keep a lookout for a special post! I will also be posting on a number of different things in the coming days, because I have so many posts I want to do and pictures I want to share with y'all! Thank you so much for following and all your sweet comments!
 
Much love,
Em
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Brittany, and I just came across your blog. I have enjoyed reading over it and looking at the great pictures. I'm sorry about Cali. That must be really hard. I'd love it if you flowed me. My blog is www.brittanysworld-adopt.blogspot.com, where I blog about the daily life of a big sister of 4, ranging in ages from 10 years to 5 months. Two of my siblings were adopted for the DR Congo in Africa.

    Blessings,
    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've found a new kitty! :) She is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete