Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Liebster Award

Hello loves,

I was delighted to log into blogger the other day and see that I had been awarded! The very lovely, Em from It's Called Art awarded me.....




The Liebster Award!! I had never heard of it before, but after checking into it I've concluded that it is one of the neatest awards I've ever seen. All I have to do is answer the questions Em asked me and then award this to 11 amazing bloggers that have under 200 followers.

Alrighty, onto the questions!

1].   What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod or other music gizmo?

Good Girl by Carrie Underwood



2]. What sound do you love?


Birds singing, rain drops on the roof, and a cat purring

 
3]. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?

You should know that I cry really easily at books and movies. One of my most recent "cry sessions" was while I was reading "Chicken Soup for the Animal Lovers Soul". I always cry hard when animals die. And yet I still read animal books.

4]. What story does your family always tell about you?


Hmmmm, well, I was a pretty well behaved child, but I was quite mischievous! :) I wouldn't say there's one that they always tell, but there are definitely plenty that they like to talk about. Like the time I threw a mega tantrum in Hyvee when I was three because my Mom wouldn't buy me gum . It was like out of a movie where the whole store goes quiet and everybody just stares at you. (Haha, okay looking at what I just wrote, I sound like a big brat! I promise though that that was the only time I've ever had a tantrum like that, plus I was three!) Or there was the time that my cousin Grant and I stole my Mom's new lipstick and hairspray out of her purse and proceeded to spray our hair until it was stiff and put lipstick on our faces. (Also when I was three) Yeah, if you can tell, the three's were not  a good year for me! :)
 
5].   What was the first thing you bought with your own money?

I don't remember exactly what it was, but I know it was something doll related. Probably a new Groovy Girl outfit or a Polly Pocket set.

6].   What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?

Honestly, I don't have one! I like car trips because I always listen to music and I love plane rides. I've never been on a train, but I really want to! I guess if I had to pick one I would say car because I'm not a fan of super looooonnngg car trips. Last fall my family drove to and from West Virginia and let me just say that the trip back was not overly enjoyable. (It takes 1 1/2 days just to get there.)

7].   If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?

This took some thought. What one event would I want to witness? I would have to say my parents wedding. It was in 1981 and my Mom had a big, poofy, lace dress with a super long train & veil. They had the traditional 80's wedding with lots of lace and flowers. Still I thought their wedding was beautiful and I would have loved to see my Mom in her bridal dress and the look of young love on my parents faces.


8].  If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?


Hmmmm, I'm not for sure! (I know, I'm being super indecisive today!) For the longest time when I was younger I wanted to change my name to Emma. I thought recently about what it would be like to go by my middle name. I have two choices since I have two middle names: Frances and Maybelle. Frances just isn't me, but I would really consider going as Belle (a shortened version of Maybelle) I've always been into names and I think that's why it would take me so long to decide! I'd pick something pretty that wasn't super common, but wasn't weird. Adelle~Juliet~ and Heidi~ are also options.

9]. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?

Katniss Everdeen of course! Some of you might think I'm crazy because she had such a crazy, dangerous, and sad life, but it was quite the adventure!






10]. What is your first memory of being really excited?

Well, that takes some thinking back! I would have to say on Christmas morning when I was three years old. That was the year I got my first American Girl doll.( Addy, to be exact.) We have it on videotape and I can't help but smile every time I see my face. :)


11]. two truths and a lie?
 
My ears aren't pierced, I'm allergic to pineapple, and I love ice skating.



And now to award it to 11 other amazing bloggers!

A Glimpse Into My World

Dare To Be Glamorous

Escape to Vanilla

Compass Rose

I'm a Jesus Chick

Keep Growing Beautiful

Lindsey Madison

Little Blue Eyes

Sunshine Girl

Time is Passing

Days as Daisie


Now onto the questions!


1. What is one of your favorite comfort foods?

2. What is your favorite vacation that you've been on?

3. What is the most trouble you got in as a kid?

4. What one person do people always say you look like?

5. If you could be super talented at one sport/hobby, what would it be?

6. You're given the chance to jump into a book for 1 week. What book do you choose?

7. Briefly describe your dream house:

8. What is your favorite beauty product?

9. What is your favorite dessert?

10. If you were given the opportunity to spend one day with any famous person/celebrity of your choice, who would it be?

11. Where do you see yourself in ten years?


Now, for all of those that I awarded all you have to do is do a post answering these 11 questions that I just wrote for you. Then award 11 other simply lovely bloggers with under 200 followers. Have fun!

Much love,

Your authoress,

Em










 

12 comments:

  1. Awwwhhh thanks for the award girly :D I love Good Girl...such a fun song! Those are some good questions and i look forward to answering them, I'll try maybe tomorrow? I hope so... :P And can I just say that I love your design? Sierra
    Keep growing beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Sierra!! Thanks so much for your sweet comment girl! :) Looking forward to seeing your answers!

      ~Em

      Delete
    2. Okay! I did the post if you want to check it out: http://missionkool.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-liebster-award.html
      Sierra
      Keep growing beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the award:) I will answer them in tomorow's blog, stay posted. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Soph!! Can't wait to see your answers! :D

      ~Em

      Delete
  3. thanks so much for the award my dearest em! ♥ ahhhh!! carrie underwood is amazing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Em! I'm going to get to this as soon as possible! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Daisie! I can't wait to see your answers! :) Aw, thanks girl!!

      ~Em

      Delete
  5. I answered. :) Also, I just had to say, that I LOVE your answer to the first memory of being excited. You painted the image quite well and i picture in my head a little 3 yr old girl on Christmas getting wide eyed and excited when getting that beautiful amazing doll. :) I had a Josephina one and I love her so much her legs ended up falling off because I played with her too much and took her everywhere. haha. I still have her, and she's in a wheelchair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thank you for the award Em! I don't generally like to pass on awards (it's just not my thing) but thanks for awarding me and for the sweet comment you left on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am guessing your lie is you love ice skating:) Great answers:)
    Em:)

    ReplyDelete