Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bulletin Boards

Ever since I was a little girl I've had a bulletin board in my room. When I was little it was the place that I pinned my crayon masterpieces, family pictures, and little trinkets. I've always loved my bulletin board, especially because it was my place to express myself and decorate however I wanted to. As I've gotten older my bulletin board has become something that I update every few months and each time that I do it's still as exciting as the last time. The process usually spans over an hour or two and starts with the difficult (but very fun!) part of selecting what pictures I want to use. Then I gather my supplies (usually decorative paper, scissors, tape, and any other means of decoration) and troop to my room where the really fun part begins. Putting it all together.
Just this afternoon I redid my bulletin board and I decided to do a post on it. I hope you enjoy it!



I had a bunch of mini clothespins to use and so I came up with the idea of using them to hang smaller things on the board. Just put a tape roll on the back of the clothespin and they will stick perfectly!

Little pieces of paper with words, or stickers add a fun touch.


If your bulletin board has a ledge, its a great place to display little trinkets, but don't have so much on there that it takes away from the actual board, or looks junky.

This is my sister, Liv's board. She always includes a bow or two on hers. :)


Another great idea is making collages so that you can fit more pictures on. Livvy themed her collages like "ballet", "vacation", "Chloe" and so on.


You can get a bulletin board just about anywhere. Whether you want a basic or elaborate one, there's bound to be the perfect one for you out there!

Much love,
Em

2 comments: