Tuesday, July 24, 2012

These Summer Nights

Sunlight streamed through my window casting shadows on the pale yellow walls of my bedroom. I pulled my blue wildflower blanket closer around me and snuggled down on my bed to see the ending lines of "Bride Wars".

"Marion St. Claire: It was quite a wedding and as I stood there watching I realized something I'd forgotten a long time ago. Sometimes in life there really are bonds formed that can never be broken. Sometimes you really can find that one person who will stand by you no matter what. Maybe you will find it in a spouse and celebrate it with your dream wedding. But there's also the chance that the one person you can count on for a lifetime, the one person who knows you sometimes better than you know yourself is the same person who's been standing beside you all along."

Oh, how I love that quote. Bride Wars is one of my favorite movies and I was lucky enough to find it on sale for $3! Aren't bargains the best?

As the credits rolled on my laptop I reached over and picked up Prim, my camera. I had the most stunning view of the sunset and it was just begging to be captured by my lens. I sat there, cheerfully snapping away, and then suddenly I paused. I looked out at the beautiful sunset and then I glanced around my room at the beautiful shadows on the wall. "This has been one of the best days ever." I thought to myself. "No, this day wasn't perfect, but this is what summer is all about. Slowing down and taking the time to enjoy the little things. Relaxing, but at the same time, accomplishing all of the things that you've been wanting to do for months, but just haven't had the time for. Today was wonderful, and I wish these summer nights would never end."







Much love,
Em


P.S. All pictures of the sunset are unedited! :)

3 comments: