Sunday, July 29, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies

A few days ago Nina came over for a sleepover and we decided to make a sweet treat to accompany our movie of choice, Mission Impossible III. We carefully scrolled through the many delectable options on my Pinterest board and finally settled on Snickerdoodle Blondies. Oh my. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into.



                                    
                                                                     {Source}

Snickerdoodle Blondies
this version of the recipe was found at Dozen Flours

2 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.


3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat until well blended.


4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.


5. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and cinnamon.


6. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the batter in the baking pan.


7. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on a wire rack. While still warm, cut into squares with a sharp knife...


...or cut into shapes using a metal cookie cutter.


8. Share with friends and family. Enjoy!


What I love about these is that they're so incredibly simple to make, but everybody LOVES them! They are a delicious version of my favorite cookie and something that I will most definitely make again! My family apparently loved them as much as I did because they were gone in less than a day. *insert sad face


And now for some pictures of lately...

Sam. Chloe, and I. Sam just lost one of his front teeth and it makes him look absolutely adorable! :)

Nina and I


I love how the sun is shining from behind Nina in this picture!

Puppy face :)

In the midst of our photoshoot I got stung :/ We think it was a wasp. Whatever it was it HURT! It stung me right inside my ear. ouch! My only experience with stings was a horse fly earliar this summer. It was not good preparation for the pain I was about to endure. Haha, despite my pain I can't help but laugh every time I look at this picture. :)

Little Chloe. She is so spoiled!

I gave her a black cat stuffed animal that I had when I was little and she went crazy! I love the way her little chubby paws are wrapped around its head.

Oh Chloe.


I hope that you all are enjoying your weekend!

Much love,
Em

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you got stung! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm those look yummy! awesome pictures! I especially like the one with the sun!

    ReplyDelete