Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Have You Had Your Zucchini Today?

It's summertime, and I LOVE all of the fresh fruits and veggies that are always showing up in our kitchen. This year we've had an overabundance of zucchini, so I decided to come up with a delicious new recipe to put them to use. If you know me, then you know that I love nothing more than not following a recipe. I love to just make whatever pops into my head, and while I'm not quite daring enough to attempt a cake, I've made homemade macaroni and cheese, vinaigrette's for the salad, baked apples, and a few other mouth-watering dishes. Anyways, I'm here today to share with you my favorite way to fix zucchini. (And I came up with the recipe myself! :))


1) Slice your zucchini lengthwise


2) Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with seasoned salt, oregano, basil, and garlic powder. (Sorry ladies, I don't have measurements!)

3) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs (I prefer Kellogg's cornflake bread crumbs)


4) You can either broil them in the oven for roughly ten minutes or wrap them in foil and do them on the grill


5) Bake and then squeeze lemon juice over them.

Everyone that has tried them says that this is the best way they've ever had zucchini and they always ask for the recipe! Seriously, they are so good! I could just eat these all day and be happy. :)



9 comments:

  1. Yum yummy!! :)P
    Hey Em. You might want to make your images "extra large" when you post them, so we can see the images better. :)
    xoxo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sophie! Thanks for reminding me of that! I sometimes forget to do that. Okay, I fixed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! :) My mom likes to make zucchini bread, and it's delish! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yum, I love zucchini bread too!! :)

      Delete
    2. Awesome!! :D hehe. I ♥ how you reply to the comments! :)

      Delete
    3. Aw, thanks Lindsey! I love to do it! I just think its a fun way to connect with your followers and let them know how much their comments mean to you.

      Delete
  4. Nice recipe! That's cool how you can experiment and just make recipes up on your own! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley!! I know, it is so much fun! :)

      Delete
  5. Have you tried zuchini hummus? It's very yummy.

    ReplyDelete