Monday, June 25, 2012

Snickerdoodle Time!

What is it about snickerdoodles that always takes me back to my childhood? They are one of my favorite cookies and I have finally found the perfect snickerdoodle recipe! Seriously, it is hard not to devour the whole batch! I'm confident that you will love them as much as I do! :)

The BEST Snickerdoodles Ever:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sugar
                                          
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
                                          
1/2 cup shortening
                                          
2 eggs
                                          
2 3/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or unbleached flour
                                          
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
                                          
1 teaspoon baking soda
                                          
1/4 teaspoon salt
                                          
1/4  cup sugar
                                          
2  teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 Heat oven to 400ºF.
  • 2 Mix 1 1/2 cups sugar, the butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
  • 3 Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
  • 4 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
  • Makes 4 dozen

Enjoy! And try not to eat five at a time, because, you WILL have a stomachache! :)

Much love,
Em

4 comments:

  1. Girl, we are twins! Snickerdoodles really are the BEST! :D I would love to try your recipe. ♥ I am gonna do it! hehe.

    xoxo
    lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thats funny!! :) Yes, you should! They are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O. M. GOODNESS. I needz me some of those. My address is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, make some!! They are AMAZING!! :)

      Delete