Saturday, April 7, 2012

All Things Animal: Penguin Edition- Part I

Hello loves,

Jesus Chick, this one's for you! :)

Okay, so I am now so knowledgeable on penguins, that I would have no problem writing an essay on them. But that might get a little long, so I just decided to divide it into two parts.

Interesting Penguin Facts:

*Penguins swallow their food as a whole. And they never choke?

*They bite fiercely to defend themselves  and their nest. Never underestimate a penguin

*When mothers lose a chick, they steal another mother's chick. Mean, right?

*The name is derived from Welsh terms 'peri', meaning head and "gwyn" meaning white.

* They mate for life. Awwww!

* Penguin chicks have fluffy feathers called down. It's so fluffy!!

*A group of penguins is called colonies or rookery.



Picture time!!

I love penguins!
Cuties!!


girl chased by penguins
Haha, I wonder if these are all her pets? :)


Penguins
Babies with their fluffy down :)


who doesnt love penguins nicolina22
My personal favorite!

Penguins graziellat
Penguin Family :)


And there you have it folks! What did you think? If you liked it then I will post Part II soon!

Much love and fluffy penguins,

Em



6 comments:

  1. Very interesting! Can't wait for part two! Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Madison!! Hope you have a lovely Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fact about mother penguins stealing other mom's eggs is so sad. But those cute pictures cheered me right up!

    xoxo,
    Jessica @ Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEPPPPP!!!! I love you, Em, and not in the weird/creepy way, but the you-are-my-new-best-friend kind of way :))
    I loved all the pictures and all the facts! I'll definitely be on the look out for the second post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Em, it's alex, the funny thing is that I just finished Happy Feet 2 w/my family!

    Nice post!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica- I know isn't that sad?! (and mean!)

    JC- Haha, you are so welcome!! Aw, you are too sweet!! :) Thanks JC!! I'll try to get it up soon!

    Alex- Haha, that's funny! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete