Monday, April 23, 2012

15 Things You May Not Have Known

Hello loves,
So in honor of my 15th Birthday today, I decided to put together a list of 15 fun facts about me. :)

Em's 15

1) I have a red belt in martial arts! I don't do it anymore, but I was less than a year away from getting my black belt! :) Haha, look out!

2) I've moved 5 times and have lived in three different towns.

3) I'm only 5 ft. I've always been on the petite side. It's just part of who I am. I've received lots of jokes and teasing about my height over the years, and I used to be a little insecure about my height, but I've come to love it, and I wouldn't want to be any other height. Haha, although I'm really hoping I make it to 5'3!! :)

4) My dream is go to England. When I was eight years old I picked up Princess Diana's biography and fell in love with the English Royal Family. One day I'll go to England and see the royal palaces, go to Jane Austen's house, ride a double decker bus, have high tea, see Big Ben, and make a call from a British phone booth! :)

5) I am deathly afraid of roller coasters, lightening, drowning, heights, and driving over rivers.

6) Books are my love. :) Even before I could read, I would spend hours in my room as a little girl, and look at picture books. I would make up new stories to go with the pictures and read them aloud to all of my little stuffed animals and dolls. I'm a crazy speed reader and if it's a book I really love then I can't put it down until I'm done, which is usually in a few hours. I can spend hours in the library! It's like my second home.

7) I have a huge sweet tooth!! Sweets are my weakness. :)

8) I love, love coffee!! My favorite coffee drink is a caramel frappuchino.

9) I've never had the chicken pox, but I had shingles when I was four. They were from my right shoulder all the way down to the tips of my fingers. Unfortunately, I'm right handed, which made things super difficult, because I had to do everything with my left hand! Shingles are super painful, and I hope I never get them again!

10) I love organizing and cleaning! I specialize in closets, bedrooms, craft rooms, and bathrooms. :) I've thought a lot about being a professional organizer/interior decorator. I think that would be the best job ever!! Let me know if you ever need help! :)


11) Ever since I was a little girl I've wanted to adopt a little girl from China. I am still determined to do it, and I dream of the day when I get to bring my little girl home.

12) When I was four I suffered a minor concussion after running into the garage with wet feet. I still remember that day vividly and it's something I hope to never relive!

13) I LOVE pandas!! Besides cats and dogs, they are my favorite animal! I know just about everything there is to know about them, and my dream is to someday go to a zoo and see one in person.


14) I almost always proofread my texts before I send them! :) And I never use "texting phrases" (like "ttyl", "brb", "r u", etc.) or shorten words. I'm the friend that will send you a four page text in proper english rather than shorten it and make it two! :)

15) As a little girl I LOVED American Girl Dolls!! I had two, Addy and Elizabeth (Felictiy's best friend). My sister had Molly and we would play with them for hours. They accompanied us on trips, holidays, and any other special occasion. They came with us to Chicago when I was six. Of course we went to the American Girl Store (Why else would you go to Chicago?! :)) And let me tell you, that is like a little girl's heavan. Two floors of pure wonderment. Best. Trip. Ever.  We were exremely gentle with them and people always comment on how good of condition they are in. (I've had Addy for 11 years and Elizabeth for 6 years) I will NEVER understand how little girls can bang their dolls around and carry them by their legs. And it's hard to forgive the "accidents" like a doll going through the washer or getting marker all over her face. Believe me, I've seen it firsthand. But that's what the doll hospitals for. They do work miracles! :) Over the years I've collected a LOT of doll stuff. My dolls have a special spot on top of my bookcase and from time to time I will get them down, change their clothes and re-braid their hair. :) Have you ever had an American Girl Doll?

And there you have it folks! Haha, sorry that last one was soooo long! :)
Anyhow, Happy Monday! I hope your day was as amazing as mine! (I'll be posting about it soon! :))

Much love,
Em

P.S. Here's 15 pictures from over the years! :)















16 comments:

  1. Ahh, this was so fun! I love learning fun facts about people. And I'm like you with the texting thing. :) oh... and I just have to say... I am looking soooo attractive in that pic! ;P
    Happy Birthday, dear!

    xxx.
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're so pretty, i swear. i've always want to go to england and i do martial arts as well! though i'm still stuck at getting my yellow belt at judo, and you're lucky to hold a red belt :D

    happy birthday!

    katrina
    p.s. followed your blog, follow mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thank you Katrina!! You're a doll! Yes, martial arts is awesome! :) Good luck though, it's a lot of work! And yes, I will most definetly follow you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely, thanks for the follow back :) i almost sprained my wrist from a fall which is embarassing, ahahah, you do judo as well? :) or taekwondo?

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, thats awful! Haha, I've had some painful martial arts moments too. I did mixed martial arts for two-ish years. Learned a lot, but it really wasn't my thing, and was becoming a big commitment, so I stopped, but I still remember a lot and could use it if I ever need to! :) That's what I love about martial arts, it helps you feel safe, and gain confidence. Hope you enjoy it my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWWW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! :)))) I loved this. too lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Cindi!! :) Aww, love you girl!! Through fb, texts, and comments, you've really helped to make this day special! I don't know what I would do without you! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* You're short as well?! I thought I was the only one! I'm 5'2, and ALWAYS teased about my height.
    I hope you had an AMAZING birthday, Em! May God bless you this year, turning 15 is an awesome accomplishment :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! :) A petite blogging friend!! :) I know what you mean, sometimes I feel like the only short person!! Thank you so much Jesus Chick!! I loved your sweet comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am now a follower!!! I love your blog, and happy birthday!!!! I do free blog designs too if you ever need one!! Any friend of Cindi's is a friend of mine! :D. Happy birthday again!

    xoxo
    Sophie
    Ps I had(still have) Kiirsten and Kit :)

    seriously, love your blog, photography, everything :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonjour darling! I'm a new follower of your brilliantly written blog! <3 Happy Birthday!!!

    Je t'aime!
    marcelle~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for new followers!! :)

    Sophie- Thanks so, so much dear!! Aw, and sometime in the future I would love a new blog design! :)

    Marcelle- Merci Mademoiselle! I can't tell you how excited I was when I found out that I had a follower from France!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute post! Happy belated 15th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog! I'm now following you! :) And nice post too! I also love pandas! I have a collection of stuffed animal pandas in my room!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are GORGEOUS! I love your hair!

    So you're someone who can't be messed with huh? I think it's so cool you did marital arts. Will you be my personal body guard? I think it'd just be fun to have one.

    Happy belated birthday! Oh, and I have Addy too.

    SoUtHeRnPiNkY.bLoGsPoT.cOm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trishie- Thank you dear!! :)

    Shelley- Yay, thanks for following!! Oh my goodness yes, pandas are the best!! :)

    Memory- Aww, thanks, you are so sweet!! Haha, I'm not amazing, but I feel pretty confident that if somebody attacked me I could fight back. :) Haha, yes I will keep that in mind! :)
    Thanks dear! Aw, you have Addy too?! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete