Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Books for a New Year

Hello loves,
I decided that since I love books so much, I should do a post all on books. Looking for a new book or series to start on? I've got you covered! :)

For the animal lovers:

Dewey: The Small-town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron

Marley and Me by John Grogan

Both of these books made me cry, but they are so good! Two of my all time favorites!

Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love by Larry Levin

I'm still reading this book right now and it's really good!

Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul

All of the Chickens Soup books that I've read are just wonderful! Full of heartwarming stories that will make you laugh and cry.


If you're interested in starting a series:

The Mother Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick

I love this series! So far there are five books out and another one comes out this fall! I'm totally in love with Darcy! :)

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I'm sure that you've heard of this book, but if you haven't read it, I highly recommend it! Especially since the movies comes out in March! Love.love.love.

Kauffman Amish Bakery Series by Amy Clipston

If you're looking for a good Amish series, then you should check out this one! The fourth book comes out this month! Also, Beverly Lewis has several Amish series that are wonderful!

Betsy-Tacy by Maud Hart Lovelace

I love this series! It's so classic and fun!


Other great books:

Lauren Conrad Style

I gave this to my sister for Christmas two years ago, and since then I've been constantly borrowing it! She's in the process of coming out with a beauty book! I can't wait! You can also check out her websites here and here. She also has an adorable clothing line at Kohls.

A Treasury of Christmas Miracles by Karen Kingsbury

I know that the Christmas season is over, but this is a great book for any time of year! It will leave you feeling so inspired and in awe of our great God.

Audrey Hepburn: An Intimate Portrait by Diana Maychick

I just recently read this biography on Audrey and loved it! It was the first book I'd ever read on her, and I learned so much about her that I  never knew!

Beauty Secrets by Deborah Newman

And no, this isn't another makeup and hair book. Yes, it does have some of that stuff in it, but it's more like a devotional. I love this book for a number of reasons and I think that every teenage girl should read it!

A Man Worth Waiting For by Jackie Kendall

I just got this book for Christmas and am about half way through it. I heard about it from a friend and thought that I would try it. It's really great so far!

Okay, well that's all that I can think of for now! I'll do another book post sometime soon!

Do you have any book recommendations? Have you read some of these books? I'd love to know what you think!


Pinned Image

Much love and a hug,

Em

Scroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment