Thursday, January 19, 2012

Lemons, Sunsets, and an Indoor Cat

Hello loves,
So sorry that I haven't blogged much lately. I've been wanting to do a post on last weekend, but just haven't had enough time to sit down and do it until now.

Last weekend my siblings and I went to my grandparents house, because my parents were out of town.                                                                

                                                                        

                                                                                       Cali got to come along
                                                  She got to stay INSIDE
                                                 She was quite pleased with herself
                                               But then she became bored
                                               And she decided that she would rather be outside
  
It was quite an adventurous weekend. Cali and I stayed in the basement. When we got there she explored all around and decided where her favorite places were:
Behind the freezer
On the bed
Under the bed
On the couch


My Grandma and I made one of our favorite desserts. "Grandma's Lemon Dessert". It's sweet, fluffy, & delicious, and tastes like pure heaven.


We used lemons that my Grandma had brought back with her from California. Oh wow. I had not tasted a real lemon until that moment. It was amazing! They taste so different than the lemons from here! Now I know what a real, fresh lemon tastes like. They made the dessert ten times better. :)



                                                          Egg whites whipped to perfection. :)

               One of my brother's loves. :) This is what Sam was doing while we cooked.





                                                                       Ready for the oven!

                                                                            Done!

They were absolutely delicious! They're a sort of souffle pudding kind of dessert. Except when you get to the bottom it's still kind of runny and syrupy. I love lemon desserts. They're refreshing, and not quite as heavy as something chocolatey.

That night I went downstairs and found Cali waiting for me on the bed. (Sorry guys, I don't have any pictures!) I grabbed a book, adjusted the lights, and slipped under the covers. Cali curled up on my feet and she soon started purring. :) I wish I could say that the whole night was absolutely wonderful, that I slept like a baby, and that Cali was an absolute angel, but I would be lying. She was good for the most part, but a couple times she got in a very playful mood. I didn't get much sleep, but it was a very sweet experience. I loved having her curl up in a little ball next to me and purr while I pet her to sleep.

The next morning I put on my coat and slipped outside. I stopped to pet Millie and then I headed down to the chicken house with Millie trotting along happily beside me. I looked inside and was delighted to see a big double yolker!





Before I went inside, I walked down and payed the goats a visit. Three of them are very pregnant!



Oh, before I go I had to share with y'all one of the pictures that I took the other night of this gorgeous sunset!


We get the most beautiful sunsets out here! I've yet to get a picture that does it justice. I wish y'all could see it!

Much love and a hug,

Em

2 comments:

  1. i found your blog through cotton candy clouds. i absolutely LOVE your design, and your photography is stunning. and i must say, Cali is sooo pretty!

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    Diary of a Beautiful Soul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica! Aw, thank you so much!! You are too sweet! I checked out your blog too and just love it! Your blog header is adorable!! Okay, so when I got on your blog Only Time by Enya started playing and I couldn't believe it! My Mom and I used to listen to Enya all the time and that song brought back so many memories! Isn't music just wonderful? Anyhow, I'll be following you! :)

    ReplyDelete