Monday, December 19, 2011

To Grandmother's House We Go...

Hello loves,
This is the post I promised you about Saturday. Sam and I spent the day out at my grandparents house (Double JJ Farm). We had a very lovely time! I spent my time cooking, eating, gathering eggs, feeding the chickens, playing with Millie (their beagle), going on four wheeler rides, and taking pictures. :) There's just something about the farm that is so...peaceful. I just love it.




                               Both my Grandma and my Mom have these adoreable jewelary trees.




This photo was taken this summer. Sadly Rocky the Rooster is no more. :( I heard he was pretty delicious though!



       A strawberry pie that I made with my Grandma. :) Oh wow. One of the best pies I've ever had!

Okay, I have some big news to share with y'all! I got a picture of Cali's parents! I couldn't believe my good luck! Now, I apologize because I know the picture is really bad and kind of blurry, but you have to understand that I was in a hurry to take the picture, I had a bad camera with me, I was far away, the zoom on the camera is terrible, and I had a dog jumping on me wanting to be petted. Anyhow, here's the picture!



The Mom's name is Bobit because she has no tail. She's really tiny, and honestly is not that cute. I'd say Cali got her good looks from her Dad's side. :) He's a really big, marmalade colored tomcat, with a huge, fluffy tail. He's really cute. :)

Love you all,

Em

4 comments:

  1. Lovely post! :)) Haha, I laughed out loud at the rooster part. :)) Beautiful pictures. And the cat picture is actually really cool looking! I love it! :))


    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dearest! :) Haha, glad you liked it! Aw, thank you!! You're so sweet! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calis's parents are kinda cute. Did your grandparents eat the rooster or something else?
    Sounds like you had a great time out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes they did! :) I was a little suprised at first! They had two or three roosters and none of them were very nice and it was making the chickens unhappy, so one by one they killed them all! :)

    ReplyDelete