Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving and Black Friday (finally!)

Hey all!
So I'm just now getting around to blogging about last weeks festivities! I hope you all had a very lovely holiday! So how many of you went shopping on Black Friday? I can't say I'm a true Black Friday shopper, because I didn't get up early, but I still got some great deals!

Thanksgiving day was just lovely. After a delicious breakfast of egg caserole and cinnamon rolls, we all got ready and drove out to my grandparents farm. My grandparents live on a beautiful farm nestled in the countryside of Kansas. They have chickens, goats, and a darling little beagle named Millie. We always have tons of fun out there!
Lunch was a big affair, with TONS of food. Both my grandma and mom are amazing cooks, and they made sure we were supplied with lots of delicious food. The rest of the day was spent eating, playing games, talking, playing outside, gathering eggs, shooting a snapping turtle..... and of course I had to take some pictures to document the moment. When my grandpa, Sam, and I were out in the pasture, we came upon this huge snapping turtle. And of course my grandpa just had to shoot it. So we rushed back  to the house for his shot gun, grabbed my parents and a camera, and headed back out.

                                                   The turtle just seconds before it got shot.

                                           A very proud Sam and the turtle (after it was shot).

                                                                 Isn't he adoreable?
Black Friday was very fun too! On Thursday night I went to Michaels and got a craft cabinet. (I saved $50!) Friday morning I got up at 6:15 to go to Half Price Books with my Dad. We got there and were shocked to find a line of nearly 200 people. We ended up just coming back home because we knew it would be a mad house inside. Later in the day I went to Michaels, Petco, Half Price Books, Bath and Body, and Bed Bath and Beyond. I didn't buy much, but it was fun to browse. Hope you all found some good deals!

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Jocee for redesigning my blog! I just love it!

I received a very special package in the mail today, but I can't open it until Christmas!!! Argh!!! I don't know how I'll stand the wait!!! Can any of you guess what it is?

Looking forward to our local Christmas parade tomorrow morning!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Much love and a hug,
Em

5 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I'm not creeped out by shooting a snapping turtle? I'm used to it, I reckon ;)
    Absolutely adore your blog. Mind if I follow? :)

    Love always, JC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adored this post! :)) Hahaha, I love your little brother! :)) Your new design is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE it! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're very welcome, dawrling. and i think i know what the package is... ;) :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Y'all are too sweet!
    JC- Yes! I'm so excited to have another follower!!

    ReplyDelete