Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Gingerbread Tragedy

Good afternoon lovies,
So today Olivia, Sam, and I made a gingerbread house. It was simply adoreable.


I say "was" because alas, the poor little gingerbread house just couldn't support itself.


Going, going...



                                                                  
      Gone!

It ended up completely falling apart, which was quite sad. :(

I am super happy because today I did something that I've always wanted to do.....

I made chicken feather earrings! You see, I was  first inspired to make these a few years ago after I read a Dear America diary that takes place during Christmas time in the great depression. This Christmas I decided I would finally get around to making them. I collected feathers when I was out at my grandparents this weekend, and I made the earrings today. They are really easy and fun to make!


Here's the book that started it all! For those of you that haven't read it, you definitely should! It's such a sweet book!




I only made three pairs this time, but I'm going to collect more feathers soon and make some more earrings! I'm giveing two of the pairs to people for Christmas presents. :)

Love you all! I hope you have a very pleasant evening!

~Em


5 comments:

  1. AWW, sweet post! :)) I got that same gingerbread house! I am planning on making it tomorrow! Aww, I will need to read that. Those earrings are absolutely adorable! I love them! You'll have to teach me how to make them sometime! :)

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks dearie! Good luck with your gingerbread house! I hope it doesn't turn out like ours did! Just remember, if all else fails, use a hot glue gun! :) I will definitely show you sometime! They are really easy and fun to make!

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post ! I've never made a gingerbread house but I have made graham cracker houses and they are hard. I love the earrings such a creative Idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the gingerbread house. I love that book and the earrings look nice. Would you like me to save some of our chicken feathers for you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Libby- Thanks dear!! :) I've never made a graham cracker house, but I want to sometime!

    Madison- Oh, I would love that! Thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete