Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Parade

Hello loves,
Despite the dreary weather, today has been absolutely wonderful. I woke up at 7:15 to the smell of chili cooking in the crockpot. I quickly got ready before heading downtown with my family. We met my grandparents at a darling little restaurant and bakery for breakfast. I had biscuits and gravy. Yum! While we waited for the parade to start us girls went shopping! We bought some Christmas ornaments, but other than that we just looked around. Then we headed back to our vehicles to get comfortable before the parade started. Some of my friends were just one car over, so I sat with them in the beginning and chatted. For as long as I can remember we've been coming to this old fashioned Christmas parade. It's a family tradition, and it just wouldn't be Christmas without it.

Of course I snapped a few pictures. :) Unfortunately most of them didn't turn out because I didn't have a good camera with me and everything was moving by so fast that the pictures blurred.



                                                                 

After the parade we came back home (along with my grandparents) for chili and cornbread. Delicious.

I spent this afternoon running a few errands with my Mom. While we were out, we treated ourselves to Starbucks. Two words: Caramel Frappuchino. Oh yes, it was delicious.

Favorite moment of the day: Driveing down the country roads with my Mom, blaring Taylor Swift's "Mean", and clapping along (even though we're totally off-beat). I love my Mom. :)

Now I'm headed off to work on some Christmas gifts!

Love you all!

~Em


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day! Ha, much better than mine... Did you guys get wet at the parade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did get a little wet! It rained on and off the whole time we were down there. Wish it was better weather, but we still enjoyed the parade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey do you use iphoto for your photography? just a suggestion: i would recommend not editing the photos so much so you can see the real tones of the photos. also, you know you can make the photos larger? there's a big blue highlighter box that shows up in the post maker when you click on a photo. click extra-large, so that way everyone can see the photo better. just a suggestion.
    great post, don't you just love parades? :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, I'm not sure what iphoto is, but I use picnik. Is iphoto what you use? Okay, thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. iPhoto is an editing software that comes with mac. that's what i use. i thought you used it because your photos look something like one of my friends, and she uses iPhoto as well. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete