Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Eve Eve

2 days until Christmas!!! Oh my goodness gracious. Wow. I just can't believe that Christmas is so soon! Part of me wants Christmas to here now because I am so excited for it, but the other part of me doesn't want Christmas to come, because then it will be over! I feel like we spend so much time preparing for this holiday and then it is over so quickly! I still love it though and can't wait for it to be Christmas morning!

When it comes to Christmas it is so easy to get caught up in the presents, and decorations, and music, and so on, that we begin to forget why we even celebrate Christmas. It isn't for the presents, or the food, or the lights. It's because of a little baby that was born long ago in a manger. Yes, you know who I'm talking about. Anyhow, at this time of year it is so important to read the story of Jesus's birth (Luke 2). This year I told myself that I would read Luke 2 every day in preparation of Christmas. Do you know that I've only read it once this month?! Now Christmas is just two days away, and I feel awful that I haven't focused more on the true meaning of Christmas. I saw this video several weeks ago at one of my church's youth events, and I thought I would share it with y'all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6evyuPS370

Isn't he just darling? He memorized all of Luke 2 just by listening to his Mom read it to him! Isn't that amazing? I just love this video!

I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!

Tomorrow I'm going to be busy baking with my Mom and Olivia, and then tomorrow evening we'll be going to our church's Christmas Eve service. It's my absolute favorite service of the whole year. Towards the end of the service we all light candles and they turn the lights off and we sing. It's just beautiful and I always get this wonderful, warm feeling inside.

I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas! I love you all so much!

Yours truly,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment