Monday, November 7, 2011

Friend or Foe



I read this poem in literature today and I loved it so much that I thought I would post it!

                                                  
                                                                   Friend or Foe
                                                                 
                                                                by Eleanor Farjeon

                                                     Is he Friend or is he Foe?
                                                    When my Master speaks, I'll know
                                   
                                                    If he's Friend, I'll quiet stand,
                                                    Wag my tail, and lick his hand

                                                   If he's Foe, I'll snarl and growl,
                                                   For he must be very foul.
              
                                                  If he's Friend, I'll do my best
                                                  To put my paws upon his chest.

                                                  If he's Foe, I'll bare my teeth
                                                  And find out what lies beneath.

                                                 I'll accept him to the end
                                                 If he is my Master's Friend,

                                                 If he's Foe, before I've done
                                                 I will have him on the run.

                                                Is he friend, or is he Foe?
                                                Master, speak! and I shall know.

Today was a very long day. School seemed never ending! My highlights of the day were Starbucks and blogging. :) My lows were biology and geometry. Need I say more?
I hope that you all had a wonderful day! I love you all!

Sincerely,

Em

9 comments:

  1. What a cool poem! :)) Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindi! You're so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem! But I love the pair in the picture even more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Madison!:) Hehe, yes Max is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you dear! Love ya! See you tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete